04' 6.0L Cat delete? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Blowin Smoke

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04' 6.0L Cat delete?

I know there's probably 100 threads on this but I can't manage to find any right off.

I recently got a 2004 F-250 with the 6.0L after selling my 7.3L. I did a 4" turbo back on the 7.3L, but it didn't come with a catalytic converter. I know plenty of people delete the cats on these new ones, but I live in Colorado and have to do diesel emissions testing. Can I delete the cat and still pass emissions? And will there be any negative effects on exhaust like engine codes?

Thanks for any advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2008, 11:24 AM
back to business

You might pass emissions w/o a cat but you will fail the "visual" inspection. I'd suggest getting a TB exhaust with a "cat delete" option where you can run w or w/o a cat. Then you can run your truck catless until it's time for inspection, then throw the stock cat back into the system for the day.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic355 View Post
I know there's probably 100 threads on this but I can't manage to find any right off.

I recently got a 2004 F-250 with the 6.0L after selling my 7.3L. I did a 4" turbo back on the 7.3L, but it didn't come with a catalytic converter. I know plenty of people delete the cats on these new ones, but I live in Colorado and have to do diesel emissions testing. Can I delete the cat and still pass emissions? And will there be any negative effects on exhaust like engine codes?

Thanks for any advice
You won't get any codes, as far as passing emissions I can't help you out on that. We don't have that here in Indiana. I will say that if you delete it you won't be sorry. You could take the cat out and have it fixed so if you had to you could put it on for testing but not sure how much trouble you want to go through.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Blowin Smoke

Yeah, I had considering doing just that so I'm covered either way. I can get some really good deals on systems that keep the cat if I can just find someone to sell me a cat delete pipe at a good price. Any idea what those cost by themselves?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
back to business

MBRP cat delete pipe's aren't too bad, $50-70, maybe cheaper, depends where you look and what kind of deal you can find.

I'm not sure if their delete pipe will work with exhaust systems besides their own
Old 07-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

how about a hollowed out cat?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

Thumbs up 6.0

thats what i was going to say,what about the high performance cats there smaller?but i dont know what they flow like?sh*t,just punch out the honey cone out the stocker.it will flow then!I found it,its in the JEGS its called spun catalytic converters magnaflow.$95

Last edited by outlawdiesel; 07-20-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I heard an 04 this weekend with a muffler delete and cat delete.... sounds awesome. Even on the stock exhaust system he had with the deletes, it sounded better than most chevy's I've heard, including those with 5" straight pipe. It blew my mind. I know the next thing I'm ordering... exhaust!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

eBay Motors: Ford Powerstroke 6.0L 2003-07 Cat Delete Pipe Diesel (item 330253211193 end time Jul-22-08 12:25:27 PDT)

This is where I got mine at, saved my cat just in case I needed it down the road.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mrbp exhaust and cat delete

i'd recommend NOT drilling out the CAT, cuz you never know when you might need a legit CAT. I got a CAT delete pipe, it takes less than 1 hour to swap them out. The CAT delete cost less than $100, the CAT probably cost 5x's that. With the CAT delete and the thru muffler, the turbo whistle sounds awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.