Barder Stg 2 w/ 175/30..WOW!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Barder Stg 2 w/ 175/30..WOW!!

My Build has been Quite a journey.. I don't claim to be a 6.0 guru by no means but seems like once you tinker, you will have no choice but to learn quickly.
I pull a 17k 5th during the summer and this was the whole reason that I started to up grade my truck... heavily.
I started with a turbo from a different vender.. that claimed this turbo was the answer to all my problems.. well that turbo... absolutely sucked... no other way to put it.... so here came the new and improved... well not only did this turbo suck but it grenaded with about 2k miles on it... 4 months later a smaller version finally showed up and 30 minutes into my maiden voyage it started blowing grey smoke.... So I sent that one back and luckily got a refund..
Then there was talk about James @ Barder Turbo Services. A few people I trust off the org had been running them and reported excellent results. so I bought in.
The stg 2 with stock injection was a great improvement. The tuners are able to give you just what you want/ need with that combo. I was very impressed. With my heavy tow file, this combo worked well but seemed right on the verge of needing more fuel.. I had been told turbo number one would pair nicely with 175cc injection and would be capable of towing.. so I had my sight on 175/30 ever since last august.. A Big THANKS to ODawg , 1fasttrx and Fox Hunt.. and Barder Turbo Services!!!
I was discussing my Barder stg 2 with Tuscany and he mentioned injectors from Warrens Diesel.. After telling Bry my fears of upgrading injectors.. he worked some magic and I received 9 injectors from Jese.. Now I have a spare for insurance.. as going down with my trailer behind me would be an absolute night mare and the wait for a replacement would kill me.. Now, I might have to pay a shop bill but I have the parts in hand if the rare chance I have and injection failure..... Big Thanks to Tuscany and to Warrens Diesel
I finally buttoned my rig up today and went for a rip.. first with stock tuning.. Holy crap it ran good. No smoke, No lag and as much power as my tow file with stock sticks. I ran for a bit and then loaded a mild srlx tune from GearHead. Man this file is running great. There is sill some air in the rails and ecm is still learning but every thing seems spot on.. Smoke is very minimal unless you stab it but it is not as bad as my stock charger, stock sticks and Looney Wild.. This tune should be capable of towing 8k and I believe it can.. Temp would touch 1200 deg on an all out run and I would run out of road with every try. On the Interstate, the truck goes from 60 to 85.... NOW!! and this is with a tow capable file. This combination is VERY fun and extremely streetable!! I will run this for a while to see if any tweaks need to be made...As soon as snow flies I will be pulling my 3 place enclosed trailer.. about 6k and see how it does..
I have 3 tunes from both.. GearHead and TSD.. Both of which responded in an excellent time frame and seem readily available for questions and Tweaks...
A big THANKS to Matt and Chris!!!
john galt likes this.

Last edited by bondajb; 10-20-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
lol wonder who that first turbo came from? This thread is good. I may go this route as well..
Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 PM

I'm on the fence about what to do as well. I have the Hybird and a set of Jesse's 175 /75 sticks that are showing signs of stiction so I've asked Jess to replace them.
Going to do the ported intake at the same time. If the MadMax doesn't show up soon wiht Rave proven results I'll be selling the hybrid and leaning towards Barder....

Denny
Old 10-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned

Glad to hear you're happy Aaron. Anything I can do to help feel free to hit my up. I'm excited to see just what this setup is capable of. I'm confident that it will surpass your expectations. In for results.

Denny what oil and filtration do you run?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Factory filters, factory oil cooler, Rotella T6 5w40 just tried Schaefers and Rev X it's ok now noticeable at start up but clears once temps get to 100.

I just don't want to wait until winter since i'll be R&R them my self in the garage.

Jesse promised he would take care of it he needs a set of cores and i prefer to take them out and put 'em back in one day, not wait a week or two for new ones.

Help if you can, I sent jesse and Patrick an email today stating the above.

Denny
Old 10-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's excellent news Aaron. I was seriously ready to fly up there and play captain save a hoe lmao

On a side note I'm glad I can help when ever I can. I might need to talk to Tuscany aka Bryan to step my injectors up soon.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Banned

Denny before you swap injectors for yet another set (I believe you have swapped 3-4 times since changing from stock) I would strongly recommend getting an Amsoil EaBP series bypass oil filter on your truck as well as a good additive such as Archoil 9100 and they also have a deep clean oil additive that is supposed to clean out the oil system and restore it to factory cleanliness before running the rev-x equivalent. I firmly believe if you have a full bypass filter as well as a clean oil system it will clear up your stiction issues. I haven't had a single issue out of my injectors since I have installed a set of warren injectors in my truck but I have also been running nothing but a quality synthetic oil along with an outstanding bypass filter. Try that and see what happens before you spend the time and money swapping injectors yet again.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

Let me know what I can do for you Oliver.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:50 PM

Ha. Man as soon as I say I'm not buying injectors and working on the looks for a bit..... This comes along. I hate you Aaron lol. I spoke with Bryan last week (thanks to aaron) and I now can't wait to get some 175/75's and play.

Then buy a trans lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

You can tell.. life expectancy on the trans is short if you play too much... but damn.. its fun. I dont know what to expect with a full fuel.. let alone stepping up to a 75% nozzle. These 30% should be the ticket for what I need..
I run for a bit and see if any tweaks need to be made.. then I might dyno once with a full fuel and then a tow file just for data sake.. then just stick with the mild tune and hope for the best... might look into a T.C. but don't want to do a trans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
175/30, 175cc, barder stg 2, mtw, towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.