a little confused.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a little confused....

so I bought the SCT SF3 from a sponsor last week. I got it in Yesterday and immediately plugged it in. It showed a 50hp, 65hp, Performance, and Street tunes. I went for the Performance first just to play around for a few minutes as I was in between cutting lawns. Anyway, after I got throught working and dropped the trailer, I rode around playing a little more then decided to drop it back to the 50hp tune. I cut the truck off and plugged in the tuner and all that comes up on the screen (after several attempts over the last 24 hours) is "filesystem initializing". I let it sit like that for about 10 minutes or so and nothing changed. What is the deal? Please help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

not sure but here is a bump for you
Old 07-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Rice Hunter

Were you pulling a trailer when setting up sct. You may have issues with that. The sct is
taking a print of your stock file and your towing
Old 07-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had been towing, but had unhooked to upload the tune and then test. Played for about 15-20 minutes, then went and hooked back to the trailer, shut the truck off and started mowing for approximately an hour before ever starting the truck or pulling anything. The tuner had already run its course and was unplugged before testing or hauling....
Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no more thoughts, huh?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadiddit View Post
I had been towing, but had unhooked to upload the tune and then test. Played for about 15-20 minutes, then went and hooked back to the trailer, shut the truck off and started mowing for approximately an hour before ever starting the truck or pulling anything. The tuner had already run its course and was unplugged before testing or hauling....
Sorry we missed this post bud.......so when you plug in the SCT now all it says is "finalizing"? Sounds to me you might have unplugged the unit before it was done uploading......have you called the vendor you bought it from or SCT?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No, it doesn't say "finalizing". All that it will say is "Filesystem Initializing". It won't go past that. It is in small print at the top left of the screen. I'm going to call SCT in the morning...... Let's put our thinking caps on people!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would suggest contacting SCT. This doesn't sound like it's communicating with your PCM; it sounds like the device can't initialize due to a memory problem. Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay, I was on the phone with tech support at SCT for over 2 hours. This thing has everybody confused. Needless to say we tried update after update and to no avail. The programmer went back on Friday for a complete reprogram. I would prefer that they just replace it with a new one. I have this thing with electronics that don't work right. Guess we'll see......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.