Sinister y pipe ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sinister y pipe ?

I just ordered the sinister y pipe . I am just wondering if I made a mistake ? Has any members tried it yet if so how do u like it ? It there any differance in spool up ? How was the install ? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 AM
Premium Member

Funny you bring this up. I had trouble with my y pipe, the bellow blew out, it was a high performance bellow, the stainless mesh kind. I was trying to get ready for a dyno event so i ordered two y-pipes. One was the PPE stainless with high flow bellows the other was the Sinister y-pipe. The PPE came in first so that's the one I went with. The Sinister came in yesterday, I haven't even opened it yet. I talked to a couple of my customers and they said they liked it a lot and spool was faster then the stock pipe. After I do some track time on Thursday I plan on switching to the Sinister pipe to try it. I was planning to do a review on both pipes, the PPE pipe was a pain to line up, very stiff, so not much movement.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sinister Y-Pipe

Looks like that guy had some install issues. They sure look nice...collector area looks much better than stock from what I can tell I the pic...I'd like it if tbe 2 pipes ran a little bit more parralell before they met at the collector, seem recent enough.

Do they make em for steed speeds? I didn't see anything on their site about it.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 AM

I have one it lined up perfectly! It is a nice piece, And I weld stainless for a living!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Premium Member

Installation was on the PPE pipes not the Sinister, haven't tried them yet.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i recently installed sinisters y pipe. it fit perfectly. very nice workmanship too.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Premium Member

Great news guys thanks , I am looking foward to gettin it installed . Sick of blowing stock y pipes . As for fittin on the steeds I don't think so . There made to go with sinisters headers if a guy wanted to upgrade later or whatever. I like the look o there headers too . Thanks for all the reviews , keep them coming .
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Premium Member

Instead of starting new thread I will just post on here, hope the OP doesn't mind.

First on all I'm not a big fan of Sinister, and have ordered their limited edition powermax to get a look at it. It was not a ball bearing turbo that they claimed, and have also tried their other products in the past with disappointing results.

With that said I installed their y-pipe and it was a nice piece on equipment, welds very nice, the way the pipes go into collector also nice. The collector opening is smaller then the orginal size of opening which matches the turbo perfectly. I didn't modify the y-pipe at all just installed and tried it. Well here's my impression of the way it work, very nice, sounded better at idle and there was a noticeable quicker spool, and throttle response. I'm happy with it so far, I would buy one if I was looking to get better performance over the stock pipe for sure. The pipe is all stainless and has a slip pipe expansion joint, very nice piece, will keep updated on the long term but looks promising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.