Max potential power with stock injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Max potential power with stock injectors?

My truck is at the dealer getting a new head put on. While it's apart, the mechanic is installing new gaskets and studs for me along with a new oil cooler and ipr egr delete. I just downloaded the looney wild tune. I plan on getting a mtw stage 1 turbo. I want to keep my stock injectors for now.

Also has anyone run water/meth with a similar setup to mine? And what power should I make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

I have had customers run that set up and depending on health of their trucks and tunes, I have seen 475-490rwhp on stock injectors, and one of the stage 1. Water meth will add depending on mix about 30-50rwhp, so you could break 500 rwhp on stock injectors, water meth and a turbo. The customers were also running a FICM tune to get every drop of fuel, 80-120 tune.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 AM

yeah I forgot to add I want to upgrade the FICM. I'm just not sure which one is best for my needs. Have a suggestion?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

I'm not much into FICM tunes being stacked on performance tunes with bigger then stock injectors. I do think you do get added power for stock injectors, since you are trying to get the most fuel you can. I have seen IDP, and PHP FICM work very well. PHP is nice since you can get the programmer and try out 20-120 FICM tunes to see which works the best. I have 225/75 injectors and do run a 20 FICM tune with the performance tune, and tried the 40 but it was a little too much. FICM tuning with the larger injectors just gives you little more throttle response but very easy to over do and have a smokey mess.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
BPD is the ONLY one that makes a TOTALLY new FICM power supply to MILITARY specs. You can chose stock voltage or 58 volts which is surprisingly so much quieter and starts so much better. There are several places that re-solders the OEM FICM's power supply side of FICM but that's still the poor quality circuit board and parts. IMO there is no other choice if you want the best. I'm not saying that those other companies are not putting out top notch work but its still parts supplied by the lowest bidder.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Old 10-12-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
I'm not much into FICM tunes being stacked on performance tunes with bigger then stock injectors. I do think you do get added power for stock injectors, since you are trying to get the most fuel you can. I have seen IDP, and PHP FICM work very well. PHP is nice since you can get the programmer and try out 20-120 FICM tunes to see which works the best. I have 225/75 injectors and do run a 20 FICM tune with the performance tune, and tried the 40 but it was a little too much. FICM tuning with the larger injectors just gives you little more throttle response but very easy to over do and have a smokey mess.
Not sure if you are aware of this, but Bill can now custom tune your FICM to make the file work perfectly with your larger injectors.

To the OP, things are in the works for me to try this combination of modifications out in the next couple weeks. Personally i want to know what the absolute most i can pull out of stock injectors is. I will have dyno numbers to back any 'seat of the pants' feelings I can describe

If you would like to shoot me an email ( jay@phptune.com ) or call our office on Monday I will be happy to discuss why my plans are, research I have gathered, and any insight I can offer for questions you may have!!

Jay

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
Not sure if you are aware of this, but Bill can now custom tune your FICM to make the file work perfectly with your larger injectors.

To the OP, things are in the works for me to try this combination of modifications out in the next couple weeks. Personally i want to know what the absolute most i can pull out of stock injectors is. I will have dyno numbers to back any 'seat of the pants' feelings I can describe

If you would like to shoot me an email ( jay@phptune.com ) or call our office on Monday I will be happy to discuss why my plans are, research I have gathered, and any insight I can offer for questions you may have!!

Jay

Interesting, more info please.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu! View Post
Interesting, more info please.
On the tuning or the build?

Old 10-13-2013, 06:15 AM

On the ficm tuning that works with bigger injectors. Please explain!

Last edited by william_ace; 10-13-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.