05-07 Adrenaline HPOP in Beta - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
05-07 Adrenaline HPOP in Beta

Just saw this, thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/Dieselsite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Think ill be waitin for more people to run it and run it a while so it proves itself 100%. I would love to have one tho!!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If it does anything like the 03-04 adrenaline pump, there will be a lot of disappointed folks. I'm with ^^^^^ I want to see actual data. I have actual data on the 03-04 pump, and it's a waste of money IMO.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:48 AM

Somebody did make one upgrade for the 05-07, didn't they?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:00 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
If it does anything like the 03-04 adrenaline pump, there will be a lot of disappointed folks. I'm with ^^^^^ I want to see actual data. I have actual data on the 03-04 pump, and it's a waste of money IMO.
I agree. I was going to get the adrenaline pump and backed out due to the issues I heard they had and were not worth the money. Heck I think even Adrian had issues with his?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Would any of you guys care to share your data with me? Even through PM if it's something you don't want to post publicly. I don't think I've ever actually heard of one reliability complaint or performance complaint from our 03-04 pump - at least they never called us about it.

We're actually having a hard time keeping the 03-04's in stock and the feedback WE hear is quite wonderful. These issues are entirely new to us.

EDIT - And I'm asking so we can address concerns. If people don't come to us with their opinions, concerns, and issues... how are we supposed to help?
EDIT 2 - I should ask... we are talking about the billet one right?

Last edited by Jennifer@Dieselsite; 10-12-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:38 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Ok Jennifer. While it's not my pump, I was there with Adrian and helped him install and data log his Adrenaline pump. Basically, he simply replaced his stock HPOP and saw absolutely NO gain in ICP voltage. He couldn't maintain ICP pressure/voltage with this pump and either his 205/150s or his 225/75s. I'll get a hold of him for actual ICP voltage readings as it's been awhile and I don't have them off hand.

Now I've "heard" that these pumps have to have specific "tuning" done for them in order to realize any gains in ICP. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes absolutely NO SENSE to me, especially when I can stick on an auxiliary pump that feeds the test port of the stock HPOP and max out ICP at 4.9v with no adjustments whatsoever in the tuning.

Basically, with a single HPOP (stock OR Adrenaline), Adrian could only maintain about 3.0v (maybe less) of ICP on his full fueled tunes. With doing nothing but bolting on a second pump (as long as it was primed of course), he could hold 4.7-4.9v of ICP.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Ok Jennifer. While it's not my pump, I was there with Adrian and helped him install and data log his Adrenaline pump. Basically, he simply replaced his stock HPOP and saw absolutely NO gain in ICP voltage. He couldn't maintain ICP pressure/voltage with this pump and either his 205/150s or his 225/75s. I'll get a hold of him for actual ICP voltage readings as it's been awhile and I don't have them off hand.

Now I've "heard" that these pumps have to have specific "tuning" done for them in order to realize any gains in ICP. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes absolutely NO SENSE to me, especially when I can stick on an auxiliary pump that feeds the test port of the stock HPOP and max out ICP at 4.9v with no adjustments whatsoever in the tuning.

Basically, with a single HPOP (stock OR Adrenaline), Adrian could only maintain about 3.0v (maybe less) of ICP on his full fueled tunes. With doing nothing but bolting on a second pump (as long as it was primed of course), he could hold 4.7-4.9v of ICP.
Wow, I can't tech any of that. I'm so sorry !
I thought I was starting to get kinda good too... lol.

Let me get you to someone - or get Adrian to someone - next week and see what's going on? I'm sure Bob can troubleshoot if he / you calls. You can PM a phone number too if that's easier on you guys and I'll give you a ring.

I'll email Bob in the mean time so he knows about the situation and see if he has any advice.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Sounds good Jennifer, PM is on it's way.

I agree, it was most bizarre.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:19 AM

I have no complaints about mine right now. I guess I will see what happens when I step up the injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.