Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help me decide 150 or 165cc injectors

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Granny 
#1 ·
Dont know what size to get, I do pull a 5th wheel weighs about 12,000 lbs. I do not plan on upgrading turbo. also I was wanting to get the itp rr fuel system but I am running the fass system but not as a stand alone system. I heard that running a fass with the rr system that you can actually loose pressure. but I didnt know if that was for the fass system running as a stand alone system.

#2 ·
you're gonna need a fuel system when going to any injectors over stock. ITP's is very nice. I highly recommend it. I suggest you get 190's over 165's. Why you ask? Because you can turn 190s down but you can't turn 165s up. Also gonna want a fuel pressure gauge.

#3 ·
fuel pressure gauge is already ordered. I know that I can turn down 190s but I dont think I will ever want to go up that high without a turbo and I pull alot of weight. I am looking at the itp but I heard that it would mess up the pressure if you already have the fass system. my plans in the next 2 to 3 months is do everything all at once. And that is head studs, Injectors, egr delete, and probably itp return fuel system. plus the fuel gauge but that should be here in a week and have that installed before everything else. If I have the 190cc would happen if I went to the stock tune and ever take it to a dealer. sometimes but not very often I run the stock tune just to see if anything changes.

#4 ·
well sounds like you're on the right track. and yes I've recently heard of issue between fass and rr systems. I read about it over on compd I think. if you had 190s and went to a stock tune Im pretty sure it would just billow black smoke. if you tow often then 165s might be for you. the two people I would recommend, from research I've done, are josh at spartan and ryan casserly at fullforcediesel.com. however, I don't think cass makes sticks lower than 175's.

#5 ·
however, I don't think cass makes sticks lower than 175's.
I have 165s from Casserly. One thing you must keep in mind when going with bigger sticks and towing, is your egts. I know that mine do run a little higher than before. It does sound like you are in the right track with the direction you are going. I have the ITP reg. return, along with the FASS 150/180. You do not want your sticks to become thirsty. I am glad you are installing the fuel pressure gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.