Cheap Diesel Chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cheap Diesel Chip

Have any of you guys tried one of those cheap diesel chips off Ebay?

They claim to give a maximum of 85/150 with 5 settings in incraments of 20%

It looks like a good deal but I'm bare bones with the exception of the recent removal of my exhaust blockers and want to start off with something small for now. I also have no clue where to start my mods. Any help is much appreciated.

Should I go for it?

Thanks Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,002
Thanks: 108
Thanked 90 Times in 84 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
If you are talkin one of these units You can do the same thing yourself for about 10 bucks

eBay Motors: Ford Powerstroke Diesel +100 HP Horse Power Tuner Chip! (item 280243545414 end time Jul-07-08 20:29:26 PDT)

I would just invest in a real programmer like an SCT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 34'.6264 -98.4192
Posts: 20,704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If you are talkin one of these units You can do the same thing yourself for about 10 bucks

eBay Motors: Ford Powerstroke Diesel +100 HP Horse Power Tuner Chip! (item 280243545414 end time Jul-07-08 20:29:26 PDT)

I would just invest in a real programmer like an SCT
How in the world do you do that for only $10 dollers, I havent heard of this mod.

I would go for an adjustable chip from Tony Wildman and a good set of Gauges like Pyro, Trans Temp, and Turbo Boost. There are also some lil things you can doy yourself to unlock your trucks hidden power that is already there like the 10K mod and the FPR Shim mod (see mod help thread)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,002
Thanks: 108
Thanked 90 Times in 84 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonning1984 View Post
How in the world do you do that for only $10 dollers, I havent heard of this mod.

I would go for an adjustable chip from Tony Wildman and a good set of Gauges like Pyro, Trans Temp, and Turbo Boost. There are also some lil things you can doy yourself to unlock your trucks hidden power that is already there like the 10K mod and the FPR Shim mod (see mod help thread)
Ryan what that is is an adjustable 10k mod using a potentiometer instead of a resistor/ thats why its so cheap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: forest lake, minnesota
Posts: 2,297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea but he has a 6.0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,002
Thanks: 108
Thanked 90 Times in 84 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Scotty the 10k mod works on the 6.0 too. but if you have an SCT you dont need it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The site is cheapassdieselchips.com It looks like a quality built adjustable chip. like i said before it has a 6 stage dial with LED stock- 20% increments. It has factory plugs on it so you dont cut any wires. I am new to electronic mods as I am a former 12 valve cummins driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,671
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderness View Post
Have any of you guys tried one of those cheap diesel chips off Ebay?

They claim to give a maximum of 85/150 with 5 settings in incraments of 20%

It looks like a good deal but I'm bare bones with the exception of the recent removal of my exhaust blockers and want to start off with something small for now. I also have no clue where to start my mods. Any help is much appreciated.

Should I go for it?

Thanks Chad
Looks like junk. You get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troid123 View Post
Looks like junk. You get what you pay for.
That's what you guys are here for. I didn't want to buy something that will end up on my work bench collecting dust.

Are there any reasonable upgrades for that price?
I am not looking to burn all four off the back but just a little more power and a little smoke would be nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And by the way the one I'm looking at does not use a potentiometer so they claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors