HELP: Oil Pressure gauge install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
ConJohnRobTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 137
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP: Oil Pressure gauge install

I am about to order three Glowshift 7 series gauges -
1. Fuel pressure gauge w/ the GS relocation hose and the GS fuel pressure adapter
2. Boost gauge
3. *Oil pressure gauge*-*I need help on knowing where to install the oil pressure gauge and whether I need a t fitting adapter and a relocation hose.*

Lastly, If anyone has any tips for me on installing the fuel pressure gauge I am all ears.

Thank you in advance

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat CCSB FX4
5" DE Turbo Back
Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe
ConJohnRobTx is offline  
post #2 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere Between Good and Bad
Posts: 1,920
Thanks: 10
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConJohnRobTx View Post
I am about to order three Glowshift 7 series gauges -
1. Fuel pressure gauge w/ the GS relocation hose and the GS fuel pressure adapter
2. Boost gauge
3. *Oil pressure gauge*-*I need help on knowing where to install the oil pressure gauge and whether I need a t fitting adapter and a relocation hose.*

Lastly, If anyone has any tips for me on installing the fuel pressure gauge I am all ears.

Thank you in advance
Are you sure you don't want to go with a CS or CTS monitor? You can monitor many more PIDs through the OBD II system. Those not readable via OBD can be read with sensors and adapters connected with the EDGE Accessory System. It's not terribly cheap but it makes for a clean install and works well. I've added sensors to get coolant pressure, LPOP PSI, post BPD oil cooler oil temp, fuel pressure, etc., and can monitor 8 parameters at one time with the CTS.

For fuel pressure get the Sinister fuel pressure adaptor with ss hose. Works well.

Just my $.02.

2006 CC SB 4x4 6.0L
KC Stage 1.5
BPD 6 Phase 53v FICM, EGR, HD Oil Cooler, Bypass Oil Filter & Water Pump
ARP Studs w/ OEM Gaskets
DC Power 190a upper; DB Electric 200a lower alternator
295/65/20 Toyo MTs
PMF 3 Link
7,500LB Tuff Trucks Leveling Coils
Icon 2.5 piggyback CDC shocks
Dynatrac Free Spin Kit with Dynaloc Hubs
EDGE CTS Monitor w/ EGT, pressure, and temp sensors
Blue FPR Spring Kit
Twin F450 Auxiliary Springs
Banks Monster Exhaust
Truetrac rear/E locker Front with 4.11s
skanj0 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
ConJohnRobTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 137
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
Are you sure you don't want to go with a CS or CTS monitor? You can monitor many more PIDs through the OBD II system. Those not readable via OBD can be read with sensors and adapters connected with the EDGE Accessory System. It's not terribly cheap but it makes for a clean install and works well. I've added sensors to get coolant pressure, LPOP PSI, post BPD oil cooler oil temp, fuel pressure, etc., and can monitor 8 parameters at one time with the CTS.

For fuel pressure get the Sinister fuel pressure adaptor with ss hose. Works well.

Just my $.02.
I do have the edge CTS and I love it, but I like the look of gauges and the price to get the fuel pressure was just ridiculous.



Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat CCSB FX4
5" DE Turbo Back
Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe
ConJohnRobTx is offline  
post #4 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Premium Member
 
kcoyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Waynesboro VA
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 33
Thanked 44 Times in 40 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have an Edge CTS and I too am going with a couple of gauges to round out my triple pod on the pillar. I'm going with with with ISSPRO EV2s (oil pressure and high pressure oil pressure) and buying them 1 at a time so as not to shock the pocket. My fuel pressure is going on the EDGE along with the pyrometer and turbo monitor.

A question to the OP: Why would you want another boost gauge????

k


2005 F-350 Lariat DRW, Asheville Engines Performance 20 Long Block with ARP studs and a Stage 2 Cam. EGR Delete. SCT tuner. Salvaged Banks High Ram Intake Elbow, Ram Air Filter and IC. Amsoil lubricants, Sinister Coolant Filter, Edge Insight CTS, SP Performance Rotors and Hawk Tow Pads, Motorcraft fuel and transmission filters, Mishimoto radiator, thermostat and silicone hoses. BulletProofDiesel water pump and Heavy Duty Oil Cooler. Marty's Diesel Regulated Return
kcoyner is online now  
post #5 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
ConJohnRobTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 137
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoyner View Post
I have an Edge CTS and I too am going with a couple of gauges to round out my triple pod on the pillar. I'm going with with with ISSPRO EV2s (oil pressure and high pressure oil pressure) and buying them 1 at a time so as not to shock the pocket. My fuel pressure is going on the EDGE along with the pyrometer and turbo monitor.

A question to the OP: Why would you want another boost gauge????

k
I read somewhere that the edge CTS is fooled by the computer and doesn't show true boost. Is that not true?

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat CCSB FX4
5" DE Turbo Back
Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe
ConJohnRobTx is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere Between Good and Bad
Posts: 1,920
Thanks: 10
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConJohnRobTx View Post
I read somewhere that the edge CTS is fooled by the computer and doesn't show true boost. Is that not true?
I have a boost sensor on the intake elbow and boost as a PID on the CTS. Even with SRL+ I have not seen more than 0.5psi difference. The max I have seen is 29 psi. I wouldn't bother with another boost gauge unless you plan to be over 30 psi.

2006 CC SB 4x4 6.0L
KC Stage 1.5
BPD 6 Phase 53v FICM, EGR, HD Oil Cooler, Bypass Oil Filter & Water Pump
ARP Studs w/ OEM Gaskets
DC Power 190a upper; DB Electric 200a lower alternator
295/65/20 Toyo MTs
PMF 3 Link
7,500LB Tuff Trucks Leveling Coils
Icon 2.5 piggyback CDC shocks
Dynatrac Free Spin Kit with Dynaloc Hubs
EDGE CTS Monitor w/ EGT, pressure, and temp sensors
Blue FPR Spring Kit
Twin F450 Auxiliary Springs
Banks Monster Exhaust
Truetrac rear/E locker Front with 4.11s
skanj0 is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
ConJohnRobTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 137
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
I have a boost sensor on the intake elbow and boost as a PID on the CTS. Even with SRL+ I have not seen more than 0.5psi difference. The max I have seen is 29 psi. I wouldn't bother with another boost gauge unless you plan to be over 30 psi.
I may just have it to have it but my main question is where do I install the oil pressure gauge??


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat CCSB FX4
5" DE Turbo Back
Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe
ConJohnRobTx is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere Between Good and Bad
Posts: 1,920
Thanks: 10
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConJohnRobTx View Post
I may just have it to have it but my main question is where do I install the oil pressure gauge??


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
For LPOP, most tee the oil pressure switch port. I put a sensor on the BPD remote oil filter head.

2006 CC SB 4x4 6.0L
KC Stage 1.5
BPD 6 Phase 53v FICM, EGR, HD Oil Cooler, Bypass Oil Filter & Water Pump
ARP Studs w/ OEM Gaskets
DC Power 190a upper; DB Electric 200a lower alternator
295/65/20 Toyo MTs
PMF 3 Link
7,500LB Tuff Trucks Leveling Coils
Icon 2.5 piggyback CDC shocks
Dynatrac Free Spin Kit with Dynaloc Hubs
EDGE CTS Monitor w/ EGT, pressure, and temp sensors
Blue FPR Spring Kit
Twin F450 Auxiliary Springs
Banks Monster Exhaust
Truetrac rear/E locker Front with 4.11s
skanj0 is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
ConJohnRobTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 137
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
For LPOP, most tee the oil pressure switch port. I put a sensor on the BPD remote oil filter head.
Where is that? And when you mean tee- do you mean putting a t fitting so I can use it for my GS gauge and also keep it for the stock gauge?

2004 F250 6.0 Lariat CCSB FX4
5" DE Turbo Back
Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe
ConJohnRobTx is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

 
portcity_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: shreveport, la.
Posts: 6,034
Thanks: 2
Thanked 254 Times in 223 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The gauge? Put it anywhere you want.

if your asking where to plumb it, most people would prolly use the test port on the front of the oil cooler housing. Or get an aftermarket oil filter cap with a threaded port and put the sender there.

03 cclb dually,6.0,arp studs,bpd oil cooler,bpd 6 phase ficm,bpd water pump,bpd all aluminum cac,all aluminum radiator,amsoil bypass oil filter,ipr high flow coolant filter,egr delete,livewire ts tuned by Vivian & tony,php ficm tuner,dc power 300-spx,Detroit trutrac,6" dual side pipes,07 front end,custom front bumper,shaved badges,led button roof lights,08+ mirrors,12 tailgate,13 rear bumper,13 tail lights,dropped I beams,custom rear 4 link w/bags,k5la train horn,24" alcoa's.
portcity_gt is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome