confused. . . which SCT? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
confused. . . which SCT?

hey yall after almost buying a cummins i had a revelation and will be picking up my 4th ford but first powerstroke (2005 6.0). . . but now ive read so much i have confused myself. . . are shift on the fly tuners really that great? is livewire shif on the fly? and do DPtuners even compare to SCT products on a 6.0? im gunna get gauges, exaust, intake, and maybe an 03 turbo down the road so if livewire isnt shift on the fly to i just need the SF3. . . sorry for the long post but ive got to get some answers. . . oh and by the way i will be wanting custom tunes. . .
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 03:06 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I'm honestly confused a bit too. Also, what are the differences between the regular SCT offerings and the economy programmers? I thought the regular programmers gave you an increase in mileage and an economy tune?
Old 07-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the 6.0 is not shift on the fly. only the 7.3
Old 07-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so is shift on the fly really a big deal or can you get just as good mileage keepin your foot out of the throttle with a performance tune? i mean honestly i really want the thing for performance but, nowadays fuel milage is pretty important too. . . so nothing compare to the sct and has "tune-on-the-fly"?
Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM

No tune on the fly for the 6.0 here's a link for the tuner you want SCT Xcallibrator3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning, Xtreme Tunes can be added. Hi Performance Diesel

you'll get your best mileage out of the Hot tunes if you can keep your foot out of the go pedal, I run the innovative tunes so the TC locks out and you can lug it around all day BUT have the power when some idiot with a fart pipes wants to get a little ballsy at a red light
Old 07-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
the only big difference between the livewire and the sf3/xcal 3 is that the livewire monitors your peramiteres, boost egt(with a probe) trans temp(with a tap) and that. if your buying guages just go with the sf3 or xcal3. I have the xcal 3 it has 3 preloaded tunes and can hold 3 custom tunes. As for the custom tuning just ask around here and find your preference, 3 big names people like on here are DJ's Elite and Innovative, i run inovative tunes and love em. just shoot some of the spnosors pm's and they can help you out alot more then i can:burnout

- Hi Performance Diesel
^^Great guys to work with
sorry for the long post and your gonna get addicted to the power
Old 07-05-2008, 04:48 PM

innovatives tunes is what i run an there awsome
Old 07-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
+ 1 more for innovative tunes.... like said above no 6.0 tuner is shift on the fly... if you want the best go with innovative or Dj's... my choice is innovatives...

i like the look of analog gauges over the livewire... its just too big for my taste... oh and can be easily stolen since its only on with a windshield mount like a gps...

if your looking for a great price were running a 4th of july sale and can set you up with the xcal 3 with innovative tunes and a set of gauges

PM me if your interested

-Raul
Old 07-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks everybody for all your help i was leaning towards runnin an innovative diesel sct and analog gauges. . . but some people say shift on the fly is so great anyways im just glad i didnt have a brain fart and go cummins. . ..
thanks again
Old 07-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

i have to disagree banks six gun with pda (close to 1000$) is change on the fly so is edge platinum with attitude correct me if i am wrong, i would buy neither of the two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.