Barder stg 2 w/155 stock nozzle review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Barder stg 2 w/155 stock nozzle review

OK, so I had a pmax with a batmo prior to installing the turbo, under WOT I can still hit 1700 egt if I hold it long enough although it definatly takes longer. Biggest improvements are down low in the RPM range it spools WAY better at like 1800 rpm with NO surge. Makes about 3 more psi WOT in the higher rpm's and about 35-36psi with the tq locked in OD @ damn close to a 1:1 ratio to ebp. Part throttle seems to move more air t make more boost with less throttle with lower EGT's. Havent really had a chance put a lot of miles on yet but will travel 500 miles on sunday so I will report back. Also am running vivians looney wild for pmax, will be trying tonys tune next because it makes a little less boost and seems to be better on fuel with the old turbo. Also cleans up the looney completely, but the air temps were lower here so that helps too.

other mods are afe,banks IC,and gogo manifold,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Premium Member

It seems to me that you getting way to much fuel ot not enough air for some reason. I dont think that small of an injector should be that hard to overcome. ..even if the injector was maxed out the pmax should have cleaned it up. 1700 with 155/stock and a stage 2 seems crazy
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
It seems to me that you getting way to much fuel ot not enough air for some reason. I dont think that small of an injector should be that hard to overcome. ..even if the injector was maxed out the pmax should have cleaned it up. 1700 with 155/stock and a stage 2 seems crazy
1700 seems pretty high for 155/stock. I would venture to say that 1700 would be too high with 155/stock and a stock turbo.

Not saying anything is wrong with the turbo because you had similar issues with the pmax. I would venture to say something else is wrong. Maybe a bad/dirty sensor or a leak in the exhaust or intake side of the turbo.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Premium Member

no smoke... I always thought the same but ive come to the conclusions that casserly injectors just flow like a mofo, then I installed them I had trouble maintaining FP with a brand new stock pump had to add a fass LP pump to keep up. When lots of guys say that there stock pump could keep up to there 175's I dunno. Another guy I talked to with the same injectors and a hybrid reported the same egt's. I also forgot to mention in my earlier post that it hauled some serious ***.

Also ICP maintains 3.9ish, new ebp sensor newer egt probe, tied to edge insight, new hpop and IPR. I not sure what sensor you suspect? Doubt theres a leak with 36 psi and a 1:1 boost to ebp ratio, also new y pipes

Last edited by borsky4; 10-04-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Maybe they sent you the wrong injectors by mistake, and theyre way bigger than 155/stock.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Premium Member

I thought that too, so I called casserly and found out they were 155 stocks not the 155 50's that I was sold by an unnamed vendor (I bought them through another company not direct from full force) So unless they had a mix up but I kinda doubt it.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My stock fuel pump and hpop handles my 175/75s just fine

I also saw around 1800 egts with a stage 1 turbo
now with a stage 3 turbo i only see 1500 egts

maybe you should send them out and get them flow tested 155cc's is 155cc... not sure it is possible for anyones 155s to flow more than others 155s unless they have bigger nozzles (but bigger nozzles don't flow more, just dump faster)

I guess the most important thing is that you are happy and the truck hauls some serious *** as long as you dont melt your motor
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I noticed with quick tricks tuning that my truck ran hot in the lower gears at WOT (1500+). Almost like the converter was too loose. In OD if I rolled into with converter locked it stayed much cooler (1300). That was stock injectors. Gearheads tuning feels like it plants the power better in lower gears which I think spools the turbo better

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You are not getting a true 1:1 because your ECM maxes out on ebp at 39 psi (g). That's why you think you are running 1:1 You have to hook up an analog gauge to get a true reading of ebp.

You have a leak somewhere. You have to. 1700 wot egts are WAY HIGH when I ran my 175/75's on the dyno with my stage 1 highest egts were 1647. Also you have open port 155's which will NOT flow as much as plugged port injectors and also use WAY more hpo than plug port injectors this your 3.8v-3.9v ICP at wot.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Premium Member

Well I will add that it takes a long wot run (like 0-100mph way longer then a dyno pull)to hit 1700, also me ebp never hit 39 it's usually like 36-37 and boost in od was 35-36 at high Rpm in lower gears its like 36 and boost was 28. I'm going to make a vid of smoke and my insight and post it. I doubt I have a leak if there is no smoke. I'm going to try Tony's tune as I know it's cooler but it is not a full fuel tune.

Last edited by borsky4; 10-04-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.