Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rotella Synthetic??

916 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Smooth Criminal 
#1 ·
I currently run amsoil, but due to the fact that I can't get it fast enough and need to go out of town soon I'm looking for an alternative. I know Royal Purple is available at NAPA, but was wondering if there was a walmart product such as Rotella Synthetic that would work well? Any and all input appreciated.

#4 ·
Clay, I didn't notice a mileage increase or smoother running until the 2nd oil change. You should give it a shot. I may try the rotella this weekend.

#5 ·
how much milage increase? i used it for 5k miles and went back to regular rotella... the Syn is twice the cost IIRC and i can't really justify that, milage increase or not because I don't pay for my fuel :D
I may try it again.

#6 ·
I got about 1.5 out of it, and another .5 or so when I switched out the axle grease and tranny fluid. I go around 10k per oil change, sometimes farther with clean UOA's. They usually tell me it's ok to keep running after 10k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.