Turbo wheel and other improvements - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo wheel and other improvements

OK guys I had a number of people tell me to change my stock turbo wheel since I am rebuilding my injectors thru Warren with 155/stock. I'm just sucking it up and putting some stuff on plastic..lol...I'm replacing the FICM from BPD 4 phase for 495.00 and just ordered a coolant filter system from diesel site...now I'm also looking at an EGT probe/fuel press/turbo saver...I need some help though with this turbo wheel..Ford changed it back in 2006 and found Garrett stamped on it with part # 1877832c91 ser# 732468...so on diesel site with my 05 F-350 dually 4x4 6.0 they have 2 wheels and was curious if anyone could tell me which one I should go with...was kind of thrown for a loop as it showed stock and Garrett figured since ford did it it would be a stock...2ndly I just finished pulling the driver side apart down to the injectors...these I believe they have listed are ww2 and figured since I'm in there I will change it...but all I'm trying to do is get better fuel economy and more power for towing...I don't want to do any competition or go crazy in that direction...thanks a ton guys for any help as always..heck you guys showed me Warren and there awesome folks...will see if I still fill that way after injectors are rebuilt and installed...lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Need to check out Mad Turbo Werks. they seem to be about the best on the market right now and are at the same level price as a WW or maybe a lil cheaper. Pm windrunner408 on here and he will answer you very quickly.... when i do my turbo and injectors in the spring this is what im going with.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Premium Member

OK thanks FDChief...someone had said that but had lost the thread and deleted the PM

Old 09-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
anytime bro... good luck!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Premium Member

Thank you sir...I just PM'd him and shall see.lol

Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAILOR97 View Post
OK guys I had a number of people tell me to change my stock turbo wheel since I am rebuilding my injectors thru Warren with 155/stock. I'm just sucking it up and putting some stuff on plastic..lol...I'm replacing the FICM from BPD 4 phase for 495.00 and just ordered a coolant filter system from diesel site...now I'm also looking at an EGT probe/fuel press/turbo saver...I need some help though with this turbo wheel..Ford changed it back in 2006 and found Garrett stamped on it with part # 1877832c91 ser# 732468...so on diesel site with my 05 F-350 dually 4x4 6.0 they have 2 wheels and was curious if anyone could tell me which one I should go with...was kind of thrown for a loop as it showed stock and Garrett figured since ford did it it would be a stock...2ndly I just finished pulling the driver side apart down to the injectors...these I believe they have listed are ww2 and figured since I'm in there I will change it...but all I'm trying to do is get better fuel economy and more power for towing...I don't want to do any competition or go crazy in that direction...thanks a ton guys for any help as always..heck you guys showed me Warren and there awesome folks...will see if I still fill that way after injectors are rebuilt and installed...lol

Not to derail the thread but, I would like to do 155/stock with a ww2 or a wheel from mad turbowerks at some point. Once you get it all back together, I'd be curious to know how it runs and the power difference. Thanks..
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeshu1000 View Post
Not to derail the thread but, I would like to do 155/stock with a ww2 or a wheel from mad turbowerks at some point. Once you get it all back together, I'd be curious to know how it runs and the power difference. Thanks..
I can tell you from experience that a dual plane MTW wheel with a FICM tune from Innovative Diesel Performance made throttle response improvements over just the FICM tune. I don't know what 155s would add to the soup, but the MTW wheel is a winner!

OP, I think you will be impressed with the BPD FICM power unit, esp when you hold it up to your OEM unit. It isn't a repaired OEM unit, it is completely redesigned/improved. I bought the 6 Phase and set it on 58V. It was a straight forward install and it was one of the FEW parts that I have used that looks to have actually added to MPG. Honestly, most parts that claim MPG gains don't in my rig.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

FYI in order to prolong your turbo life and save yourself some beaver pelts in the future take your turbo in to a reputable shop and have the shaft re-balanced with the new wheel. I know you can just change them but I'm telling you all the turbo's we rebuild with after market wheels need re-balanced. You would be surprised how far out they are on a balancing machine. Sure it will run for awhile but eventually sure as the sun rise it will let go eventually.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Joeshu, I will let ya know. I just ordered the BPD FICM I stayed with the 4 phase. And just came in to take a break as I have the driver side injectors out now..and down to the valve covers on the other. I also purchased a coolant filtration system from strictly diesel.

OK I will look into the rebalance thing...thanks for the heads up...but darn it that's gonna put the project back a lil...as I did not want to pull the turbo...lol

Old 09-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

pulling the turbo really isnt that bad when installing it just make sure you take your time on the y pipe and downpipe to get it seated well so your not digging around looking for a leak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.