Thinking of buying Used SCT Livewire and Custom Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gitnmybelly Send a message via Skype™ to gitnmybelly
Thinking of buying Used SCT Livewire and Custom Tunes

Im a craigslist junkie, here is the Ad:

"For sale is my SCT livewire 9600 that I have used on my 2005 F250 6.0L
The sct livewire comes pre programmed with 4 tunes on it, Performance, Street, and Two different tow tunes.
Mine also has custom tunes from Innovative Diesel Performance. These tunes include the package deal consisting of Xstreet, Xrace, and Tow. The difference in custom tunes is unreal.
This tuner also has real time monitoring for all temps including, egt, oil, coolant, trans, voltage, speed, timing etc...
The programmer is unlocked, not married, and tunes are already downloaded on it.
Also included is the SCT EGT module and cable. This is used to read your vehicals Exhaust Gas Temp. "

I also have a 2005 Superduty 6.0L. I dont have too much mods. EGR delete, new oil cooler, blue spring, warren diesel rebuilt inj, intake, high ram.

I use to have a Banks 6 Gun and ripped it out cuz it ended up dying on me. But I do miss having a tune in the truck as i like to get on it every now and again. I travel a lot of highway miles and would like to increase my MPG, as well.

Can I get some informed suggestions on if this purchase is worth it for me? And what should I possibly look out for? What does it mean for it to be unlocked and unmarried?

Last edited by gitnmybelly; 09-24-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: left something out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
how much is he asking?

Also those customs tunes won't work on your truck... don't even try loading them because they could brick your truck and leave you staranded
Old 09-24-2013, 01:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to gitnmybelly Send a message via Skype™ to gitnmybelly
Even if its for the same truck?

the guy is listing that at $400. Worth it?
Old 09-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As long as it works great and has no problems then 400 is a pretty good deal, especially if it comes with the egt stuff

Most custom tunes are truck specific... for example last time I ordered my tune they need. Also most tuners lock their tunes to that specific truck

year make model
my VIN
Ecu strategy number
tire size
injector size
turbo size
auto vs manual
etc...

even though your trucks are very similar it is unlikely they are exactly the same
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know there are deals to be had on craigslist but I am very cautious when I buy off there. If it were me I would throw in another $200 and get a new livewire ts. Buying electronics used is a crap shoot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.