Anyone know of a place in San Diego area that Installs stacks? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-21-2013, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
wytetrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, CA and Enon, OH
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone know of a place in San Diego area that Installs stacks?

In the San Diego area, anyone know of a place that would install stacks on my truck? I never take my truck anywhere for anything, but the one thing I'm a little uncomfortable with is cutting a hole in my bed, in the wrong spot or something. I already have the stacks, just need a good place that won't rape me with high California prices.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 F250 King Ranch 6.0 Powerstroke-S&B Intake, Banks High Ram and Techni-Cooler Intercooler, SCT Innovative Street Tune, MBRP 4 inch Turbo Back to 7in tip, Sinister Coolant Filter, Blue Spring Upgrade, River City Diesel EGR Delete, Zoodad Mod, 35x12.50r20 Federal M/T, 4inch lift
wytetrash is offline  
post #2 of 11 Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!




 
Rattlesnake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Posts: 18,952
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Thanks: 188
Thanked 469 Times in 389 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just do it yourself, it's not that hard to do.



2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights w/ 6k HIDs, Auto Meter gauges, ScanGaugeII, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, SCT w/ Hybrid Panty Dropper from Chris @ TSD, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Rattlesnake18 is online now  
post #3 of 11 Old 09-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 957
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 50 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Or don't do it at all and save another ford from disgrace?

2012 F250 CCSB 6.7 (3.73 gears) H&S Minimaxx (My own tuning), H&S 64mm turbo kit, H&S Dual Fueler, H&S Low Pressure Fuel System, H&S CCV delete, No Limit s2 Intake, PMF 3-link, PMF traction bars, Fox 2.0s, Icon 2.5" coils, Platinum 20s w/ 295/65 toyo at2s, Airlift bags and wireless controller, TFI 50gal, rollX, AMPboards,
jcain is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!




 
Rattlesnake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Posts: 18,952
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Thanks: 188
Thanked 469 Times in 389 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Or don't do it at all and save another ford from disgrace?
Well we all have our own opinions on them, I personally like them, if they are done right.


2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights w/ 6k HIDs, Auto Meter gauges, ScanGaugeII, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, SCT w/ Hybrid Panty Dropper from Chris @ TSD, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Rattlesnake18 is online now  
post #5 of 11 Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had a little reservation myself. I just took my time, measured and measured again. This involved laying under the truck and then hopping into the bed, over and over to verify bed supports etc. Bought a hole saw blade to attach to my drill. I drilled and mocked up the pipes, am awaiting the seal clamps that didn't arrive with my kit. I will do the complete install next Saturday. The 2 Exhaust locations close to me one wanted $300+ and the other said it would be close to $400.00. And keep in mind I already have everything.

I'll post pics next Saturday. I'd just save the money and do it yourself. You tube can give you some ideas on the process. Good Luck and hope to see you posting pics of you doing it yourself.
Chris's Dually is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
wytetrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, CA and Enon, OH
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris's Dually View Post
I had a little reservation myself. I just took my time, measured and measured again. This involved laying under the truck and then hopping into the bed, over and over to verify bed supports etc. Bought a hole saw blade to attach to my drill. I drilled and mocked up the pipes, am awaiting the seal clamps that didn't arrive with my kit. I will do the complete install next Saturday. The 2 Exhaust locations close to me one wanted $300+ and the other said it would be close to $400.00. And keep in mind I already have everything.

I'll post pics next Saturday. I'd just save the money and do it yourself. You tube can give you some ideas on the process. Good Luck and hope to see you posting pics of you doing it yourself.
Yeah ill just do it myself. It's not like cutting is hard. Ill just take my time with everything. And the comment for disgracing my truck, that's ignorant.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 F250 King Ranch 6.0 Powerstroke-S&B Intake, Banks High Ram and Techni-Cooler Intercooler, SCT Innovative Street Tune, MBRP 4 inch Turbo Back to 7in tip, Sinister Coolant Filter, Blue Spring Upgrade, River City Diesel EGR Delete, Zoodad Mod, 35x12.50r20 Federal M/T, 4inch lift
wytetrash is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 09-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northeast OK
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytetrash View Post
Yeah ill just do it myself. It's not like cutting is hard. Ill just take my time with everything. And the comment for disgracing my truck, that's ignorant.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Agreed its not hard to do the install. I hand made my cat stack and installed it with no trouble. Installing a kit should be easy.

Everyone has their opinion on stacks. I have had a stack on all of my diesel trucks. Aside from the looks I have seen lower egt and faster egt drop with the stacks over pipe out the back of the truck.



sent from my clickity clack internet phone.


2006 White F350 CCLB 2WD



SOONER POWERSTROKERS
dowmace is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
wytetrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego, CA and Enon, OH
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowmace View Post
Agreed its not hard to do the install. I hand made my cat stack and installed it with no trouble. Installing a kit should be easy.

Everyone has their opinion on stacks. I have had a stack on all of my diesel trucks. Aside from the looks I have seen lower egt and faster egt drop with the stacks over pipe out the back of the truck.



sent from my clickity clack internet phone.
Yeah the kit will probably make it even easier. I got the grand rock kit


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 F250 King Ranch 6.0 Powerstroke-S&B Intake, Banks High Ram and Techni-Cooler Intercooler, SCT Innovative Street Tune, MBRP 4 inch Turbo Back to 7in tip, Sinister Coolant Filter, Blue Spring Upgrade, River City Diesel EGR Delete, Zoodad Mod, 35x12.50r20 Federal M/T, 4inch lift
wytetrash is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere Between Good and Bad
Posts: 1,886
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 9
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytetrash View Post
In the San Diego area, anyone know of a place that would install stacks on my truck? I never take my truck anywhere for anything, but the one thing I'm a little uncomfortable with is cutting a hole in my bed, in the wrong spot or something. I already have the stacks, just need a good place that won't rape me with high California prices.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry to have to say this, but prepared to get hassled by law enforecement with stacks in CA. Especially so if even a waft of smoke is visible.

2006 CC SB 4x4 6.0L
BPD 6 Phase 53v FICM, EGR, HD Oil Cooler, Bypass Oil Filter & Water Pump
ARP Studs w/ OEM Gaskets
DC Power 190a upper; DB Electric 200a lower alternator
295/65/20 Toyo MTs
PMF 3 Link
7,500LB Tuff Trucks Leveling Coils
Icon 2.5 piggyback CDC shocks
Dynatrac Free Spin Kit with Dynaloc Hubs
EDGE CTS Monitor w/ EGT, pressure, and temp sensors
Blue FPR Spring Kit
Twin F450 Auxiliary Springs
Banks Monster Exhaust
Truetrac rear/E locker Front with 4.11s
skanj0 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northeast OK
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
Sorry to have to say this, but prepared to get hassled by law enforecement with stacks in CA. Especially so if even a waft of smoke is visible.
I totally skimmed the ca part. You better have everything in check. Egr and cat still in place and probably a muffler knowing that state.

sent from my clickity clack internet phone.


2006 White F350 CCLB 2WD



SOONER POWERSTROKERS
dowmace is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome