Anyone know of a place in San Diego area that Installs stacks? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 08:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone know of a place in San Diego area that Installs stacks?

In the San Diego area, anyone know of a place that would install stacks on my truck? I never take my truck anywhere for anything, but the one thing I'm a little uncomfortable with is cutting a hole in my bed, in the wrong spot or something. I already have the stacks, just need a good place that won't rape me with high California prices.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just do it yourself, it's not that hard to do.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Or don't do it at all and save another ford from disgrace?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:29 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Or don't do it at all and save another ford from disgrace?
Well we all have our own opinions on them, I personally like them, if they are done right.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a little reservation myself. I just took my time, measured and measured again. This involved laying under the truck and then hopping into the bed, over and over to verify bed supports etc. Bought a hole saw blade to attach to my drill. I drilled and mocked up the pipes, am awaiting the seal clamps that didn't arrive with my kit. I will do the complete install next Saturday. The 2 Exhaust locations close to me one wanted $300+ and the other said it would be close to $400.00. And keep in mind I already have everything.

I'll post pics next Saturday. I'd just save the money and do it yourself. You tube can give you some ideas on the process. Good Luck and hope to see you posting pics of you doing it yourself.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris's Dually View Post
I had a little reservation myself. I just took my time, measured and measured again. This involved laying under the truck and then hopping into the bed, over and over to verify bed supports etc. Bought a hole saw blade to attach to my drill. I drilled and mocked up the pipes, am awaiting the seal clamps that didn't arrive with my kit. I will do the complete install next Saturday. The 2 Exhaust locations close to me one wanted $300+ and the other said it would be close to $400.00. And keep in mind I already have everything.

I'll post pics next Saturday. I'd just save the money and do it yourself. You tube can give you some ideas on the process. Good Luck and hope to see you posting pics of you doing it yourself.
Yeah ill just do it myself. It's not like cutting is hard. Ill just take my time with everything. And the comment for disgracing my truck, that's ignorant.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytetrash View Post
Yeah ill just do it myself. It's not like cutting is hard. Ill just take my time with everything. And the comment for disgracing my truck, that's ignorant.

Agreed its not hard to do the install. I hand made my cat stack and installed it with no trouble. Installing a kit should be easy.

Everyone has their opinion on stacks. I have had a stack on all of my diesel trucks. Aside from the looks I have seen lower egt and faster egt drop with the stacks over pipe out the back of the truck.

sent from my clickity clack internet phone.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowmace View Post
Agreed its not hard to do the install. I hand made my cat stack and installed it with no trouble. Installing a kit should be easy.

Everyone has their opinion on stacks. I have had a stack on all of my diesel trucks. Aside from the looks I have seen lower egt and faster egt drop with the stacks over pipe out the back of the truck.

Yeah the kit will probably make it even easier. I got the grand rock kit

Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytetrash View Post
In the San Diego area, anyone know of a place that would install stacks on my truck? I never take my truck anywhere for anything, but the one thing I'm a little uncomfortable with is cutting a hole in my bed, in the wrong spot or something. I already have the stacks, just need a good place that won't rape me with high California prices.

Sorry to have to say this, but prepared to get hassled by law enforecement with stacks in CA. Especially so if even a waft of smoke is visible.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanj0 View Post
Sorry to have to say this, but prepared to get hassled by law enforecement with stacks in CA. Especially so if even a waft of smoke is visible.
I totally skimmed the ca part. You better have everything in check. Egr and cat still in place and probably a muffler knowing that state.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.