took sct tune out WTF - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
took sct tune out WTF

well i took the boat out over the weekend with some friends and i was towing up a grade while running a street tune with the sct ...the truck started to run a little hot so i stopped and put it back to stock and my truck was like a dog could get up to speed very quick....but the thing is i remember it having a little more power than that stock...you think my egr valve is gummed up or somthing else because it sucked had no power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Could you hear if it was doing the turbo surge sound or any black puffs of smoke at random? mine would do the same thing until blocked off my egr. And my egr valve was/is all messed up and stuck open.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:52 PM

i didnt notice any wierd stuff when i went back to stock just no power it really sucked ...my boat doesnt even weight that much and the grade wasnt that steep and at full throtle i was only going 55 wouldnt even down shift just 55 that was it
Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 PM

Maybe it had to do something with the ECM relearning. I wouldn't think so but reflashing then going WOT uphill loaded doesn't sound great.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post
Maybe it had to do something with the ECM relearning. I wouldn't think so but reflashing then going WOT uphill loaded doesn't sound great.
i know but if i let off the gas i would be going like 30-35mph
Old 06-16-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post
thats what i think happend
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
well first i think you were just used to the power of the street tune. i feel the same way when i drive stock over a performance tune, it always feels like my truck wont get out of its own way... secondly, you were building alot of heat cause you were dumping more fuel into your combustion chamber. i would get a good Tow file and use it if you are going to tow. the street tune, Looney, or extreme race arent meant for towing.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker View Post
well first i think you were just used to the power of the street tune. i feel the same way when i drive stock over a performance tune, it always feels like my truck wont get out of its own way... secondly, you were building alot of heat cause you were dumping more fuel into your combustion chamber. i would get a good Tow file and use it if you are going to tow. the street tune, Looney, or extreme race arent meant for towing.
yeah i have a tow tune ...all my tunes are from dj's ....to be honest i didnt switch to the tow tune because we were running late to get up there so i just ran with the street tune ....i talked to vivian about switching tunes and asked her should i go back to stock before i change or can i just switch from one to another, she said i can do it both ways but i kind of like to go to stock before i load another tune in....what do you guys do...and also when i go back to stock how long does the learning curve take?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
you can go from one to another. if i am in a hurry then i will just load the new tune, if not then i go back to stock, then reload. kind of a fail safe. not real sure on how long the learning curve is bud. i have heard that it can take a few miles to a day of driving in normal traffic. it would be better to ask Vivian or DJ on that one.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:34 PM

I've had some problems going from 1 tune to another so now I always go back to stock run the truck then go to the tune I was wanting. I tried going from my street tune to my tow tune and the SCT froze up at 99% and wouldn't do anything, thats happened twice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.