Need help from some 175/75 injector guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 140
Thanked 219 Times in 157 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need help from some 175/75 injector guys

So I recently added 75% nozzles to my 175 warren injectors. The truck ran great with 175/stock but now it seems to have a few issues with the 75% nozzles added.

Is it normal to have a slight chug at idle once the truck warms up? Not really a miss but more like a choppy idle? It does not feel like a miss at all and goes away once I give it any throttle

The motor does not like to be lugged... seems to run choppy


I am having egts issues even with new tunes. I tried running a tow tune and the results are all similar.
  • Idle = 350 (normal)
  • WOT 0-80 = 1400 (normal)
  • Cruising at 75mph = 950 (way higher than my normal)
  • 1/4 throttle from 0-60 = 1200 (way higher than normal)


Boost levels all seem normal
Back pressure is also normal
With the new tunes it is not overly smokey (like it was with the 175/stock tune)
vgt duty cycle is acting normal
Truck runs and drives great
No weird smoke on startup
No weird smoke while idleing

I know the atomization is not as good on 75% nozzles... but do those numbers sound way too high?

I hate asking tuners for tons of different revisions so I was hoping to figure out a baseline or if something else is wrong before I keep asking for revisions.



.

Last edited by peixinho; 09-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moyock, North Carolina
Posts: 1,317
Thanks: 10
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't have 75 nozzles, but maybe its relevant...my 175/30's don't do any of that lol. Cruising egt's at 65 were in the 800's...with ficm tune and Looney wild (which will not be going back on my truck when my trans is finished). My wot would get to like 1800 really quick, but that's stock turbo. Idles smooth as stock did though, a little more chatter from the injectors while its running, but no lugging or anything. I don't know if it helps at all, but for reference sake I figured I'd throw it out there about the 30% nozzles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 140
Thanked 219 Times in 157 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead2012 View Post
I don't have 75 nozzles, but maybe its relevant...my 175/30's don't do any of that lol. Cruising egt's at 65 were in the 800's...with ficm tune and Looney wild (which will not be going back on my truck when my trans is finished). My wot would get to like 1800 really quick, but that's stock turbo. Idles smooth as stock did though, a little more chatter from the injectors while its running, but no lugging or anything. I don't know if it helps at all, but for reference sake I figured I'd throw it out there about the 30% nozzles.

Thanks... does does help a little. I have heard that larger nozzles do not run quite as smooth... Next time around I will not go with such large of nozzles...

800egt at 65 just seems a little high for me... I was more used to 675-750


Anyone else out there with larger nozzles have any similar issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bel air, maryland
Posts: 2,007
Thanks: 4
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the same injectors with tsd super panty dropper tune and powermax... egts are same as yours except at 1/4 throttle or 60+ mph on flat ground is around 600 degrees... but a hard run I can make it get to 1581-1600 degrees quick but then it backs off.. no choppy idle etc etc engine idles and starts up like stock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW Airport
Posts: 1,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 175's / 75's plugged spill ports drop a cyl. every so often.

I had Tony Wildman verify his does it too as well as one other.

I don't consider 75 nozzes as big nor 175 when comparing to stock so in my opinion they should function exactly the same as stock with a tune that removes fuel from the low end.

My truck Puffs at start up and smokes noticeable when idling out the CCV mod tube.

It will smoke out the pipe if watched in the mirror but can't be detected from behind a car length or two.

If i had it to do over i'd get 175's 30's with hopes it's a better and more tunable combination, but i'm waiting for the MaDmAx to fix all my problems.

Denny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 140
Thanked 219 Times in 157 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cr450 View Post
I have the same injectors with tsd super panty dropper tune and powermax... egts are same as yours except at 1/4 throttle or 60+ mph on flat ground is around 600 degrees... but a hard run I can make it get to 1581-1600 degrees quick but then it backs off.. no choppy idle etc etc engine idles and starts up like stock
So what you are saying is
My normal numbers are just like yours but my abnormal numbers are different

Idle = 350 (normal)
WOT 0-80 = 1400 (normal)

Cruising at 75mph = 950 (way higher than my normal)
1/4 throttle from 0-60 = 1200 (way higher than normal)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 140
Thanked 219 Times in 157 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
My 175's / 75's plugged spill ports drop a cyl. every so often.

I had Tony Wildman verify his does it too as well as one other.

I don't consider 75 nozzes as big nor 175 when comparing to stock so in my opinion they should function exactly the same as stock with a tune that removes fuel from the low end.

My truck Puffs at start up and smokes noticeable when idling out the CCV mod tube.

It will smoke out the pipe if watched in the mirror but can't be detected from behind a car length or two.

If i had it to do over i'd get 175's 30's with hopes it's a better and more tunable combination, but i'm waiting for the MaDmAx to fix all my problems.

Denny
Thanks
If you don't mind me asking what r your egts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW Airport
Posts: 1,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by peixinho View Post
Thanks
If you don't mind me asking what r your egts?
i don't have a monitor yet. use scangauge II
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bel air, maryland
Posts: 2,007
Thanks: 4
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by peixinho View Post
So what you are saying is
My normal numbers are just like yours but my abnormal numbers are different

Idle = 350 (normal)
WOT 0-80 = 1400 (normal)

Cruising at 75mph = 950 (way higher than my normal)
1/4 throttle from 0-60 = 1200 (way higher than normal)
Exactly .. A 175/75 is a correctly sized injector. So the idling and operation of the injector should function just like factory etc etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bel air, maryland
Posts: 2,007
Thanks: 4
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Since your egts are way out of whack im starting to think if you really have 175cc and not bigger? Have you ever had them flow tested by a 3rd party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors