Banks 6 gun w/ sct trans tune? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks 6 gun w/ sct trans tune?

Im getting a Banks 6 gun w/ speed loader on my 04 f-250 6.0 soon. I know this does not control the tranny. Can I use the trans tune off my old SCT X3 I am no longer using... I ran out of unlocks on it and i was thinking about buying more if this would work. Can you run the 6 gun/speed loader combo and a secondary tranny tune?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 04:27 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
If you are thinkng about unlocking the X3 and paying for a trans tune, why don't you save money and just get custom tunes for the XCal and be a lot better off then the Banks? The SCT is the tuner of choice for the 6.0s.

I have heard of people doing it the way you want, but it would be easier (and a helluva lot) cheaper to just get custom tunes (power and trans).
Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

All i would have to pay for is the actual unlocking. it has a trans ony tune already on there. I thought about just getting custom tunes for it. Im getting a really good deal on the 6gun/speed loader. And i really want on the fly adjustability. But i previously had a quadzilla xzillaraider and i hated the way it shifted compared to the sct tunes. Would i just load a trans only tune in the pcm and then hook up the banks stuff?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have done the same thing which you are thinking and i am in the process of reflashing my computer to put on the SCT tunes. I have had durturd buddies who "stack" thier truck and have a difference running stack and then some who don't. But the banks will override your system. But as soon as i get my truck reflased i will let you know.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:00 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
On the fly is nice. I honestly wish that there was a good on the fly system for the 6.0s.

Stacking on 6.0s isn't like the older engines, most of the time, things dont come out to smooth in the end.

With custom tunes, you'll be able to be set up EXACTLY how you want your rig to run, and won't need to switch. I only switch outta my street tune when either I'm at the track, or getting ready to tow a trailer.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnut View Post
Im getting a Banks 6 gun w/ speed loader on my 04 f-250 6.0 soon. I know this does not control the tranny. Can I use the trans tune off my old SCT X3 I am no longer using... I ran out of unlocks on it and i was thinking about buying more if this would work. Can you run the 6 gun/speed loader combo and a secondary tranny tune?
There is a procedure to program the transmission with the 6 Gun. If you follow the procedure the trans will shift a lot better. I had the 6 Gun tuner with the PDA and I loved it until I did the headgaskets and blocked the EGR valve. Never was the same after that. Sold it and am now in the process of getting gauges and an SCT Xcal3 with custom tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.