warren 190/75 or 190/30??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
warren 190/75 or 190/30???

So I'm stuck right now with my injectors me and jesse have been messaging back and forth talking about my options. Heres the deal I'm for sure putting in 190's on my truck from him no doubt but with the amount that I tow and as periodically as I do I don't know whether to go with a 75 nozzle or a 30 nozzle jess said that he runs a 190/30 on his tow rig and its clean and great but if i want to run a 75 on them as long as my tow tune can restrict the fuel well enough it wouldnt hurt it at all. What are my risk if i go 190/75 i tow anywhere from 16 to 32ft cattle trailers full of cows and or horses and also farm machinery pretty often. Also what are my hp differences between getting the 190/75 vs the 190/30 need help and suggestions and experiences?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Having the right turbo to help clean up the fuel is essential and aids with not having to pull as much fuel. If you can clean that fuel up you'll be golden. As for the /30 vs /75 nozzle, I think you could have fuel pulled and have your tuner work you a pretty good tow file and I'd recommend Matt at Gearhead for that. tow tuning also works the transmission data and he's great at it. I say go with the 75's and be done with it. I'm assuming you're upgrading turbos because 190's on a stock turbo is pushing the envelope a bit...hahaha It's doable but not optimal.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
Having the right turbo to help clean up the fuel is essential and aids with not having to pull as much fuel. If you can clean that fuel up you'll be golden. As for the /30 vs /75 nozzle, I think you could have fuel pulled and have your tuner work you a pretty good tow file and I'd recommend Matt at Gearhead for that. tow tuning also works the transmission data and he's great at it. I say go with the 75's and be done with it. I'm assuming you're upgrading turbos because 190's on a stock turbo is pushing the envelope a bit...hahaha It's doable but not optimal.
Thank you I was thinking it should be fine as long as my tune was good also just got me thinking when he told me he ran 30's on his but ok Jesse has me tune that he said would work good with the 75's and yes I'm definitely switching out turbos I was thinking a stage 1 powermax do you think that would be pretty idea or you got any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

stage 1 is a great turbo. It won't clean up 190 completely but it's a great towing turbo as well. You can also opt for the 10-blade turbine version which will help flow more air on the top end which will aid in cleaning up the fuel but has the potential to be a little laggy down low, but that can be fixed with tuning as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknasty6.0 View Post
So I'm stuck right now with my injectors me and jesse have been messaging back and forth talking about my options. Heres the deal I'm for sure putting in 190's on my truck from him no doubt but with the amount that I tow and as periodically as I do I don't know whether to go with a 75 nozzle or a 30 nozzle jess said that he runs a 190/30 on his tow rig and its clean and great but if i want to run a 75 on them as long as my tow tune can restrict the fuel well enough it wouldnt hurt it at all. What are my risk if i go 190/75 i tow anywhere from 16 to 32ft cattle trailers full of cows and or horses and also farm machinery pretty often. Also what are my hp differences between getting the 190/75 vs the 190/30 need help and suggestions and experiences?!?!?
I have his 190/30s installed and with ported and polished heads and a ported intake i have no trouble hitting 1600 unloaded i havent tried to haul anything but a$$
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think you will be better off with 30 nozzles, there's not going to be that big of a difference in HP from 30 to 75s maybe 15hp tops and thats with a race tune, not a tow tune. 30s will atomize better and give you more torque since you are using your truck to tow mainly. 190s are pretty big for a pmax or stage 1 so keeping egts in check will take a lot of tuning.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

30 nozzles and good tuning

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

My thoughts on the 75% nozzles was if he's gonna pay for the upgraded nozzles, he may as well get as much out of it as possible for the cost.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I running 190/75's with the hybrid. Truck towed roughly 6k lbs from NY to NC through the hilly terrain of WV and Virginia with only hitting about 1000* egts running ID's tow tune with breaking. I know its not a lot of weight but the stage 1 will flow better than this hybrid. I say go with 75% nozzles.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:03 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you're towing frequently, then I'm not sure why you are looking at 190cc injectors and a dinky turbo like a Stage 1/Powermax. I guess it all depends on the weight you're looking to yank around. I have 190/100s, and I couldn't imagine trying to tow with these injectors and a Stage 1. On Eric's Xtreme X, I could 1800F EGTs before 80 mph empty and I don't see the point in getting 190s and then cramping down the injector's ability to flow just to say you have 190s. I guess, what I would recommend is if you go with 190s, then get at least 50% nozzles as 30% nozzles (like stock) are going to be too small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
190cc, injectors, nozzle size, towing, warren

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.