Banjo bolt or 90* fitting? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 06:13 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Banjo bolt or 90* fitting?

I'm putting my Full RR together and I know the ports on the back of the head are really close to the up pipes. My question is do need to take the up pipes off or is it possible to install the fitting with the exhaust still on? Also, if the up pipes can stay on should I use banjo bolts or 90* fitting? And which fitting would you suggest...90*, 6.0 or 6.4 banjo bolts? ive already got 6.4 banjo bolts on the front of the heads. I'd rather use 90* since they have less restriction... Thanks for any and all advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
I'm putting my Full RR together and I know the ports on the back of the head are really close to the up pipes. My question is do need to take the up pipes off or is it possible to install the fitting with the exhaust still on? Also, if the up pipes can stay on should I use banjo bolts or 90* fitting? And which fitting would you suggest...90*, 6.0 or 6.4 banjo bolts? ive already got 6.4 banjo bolts on the front of the heads. I'd rather use 90* since they have less restriction... Thanks for any and all advice.
90 deg 100% way more flow also rap your up pipes and that 90 degree wont even get hot
Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This has been a discussion for some time. Some guys have found the 90* fittings make contact with the up pipes and others have installed them with zero issues. I purchased both but haven't installed either so I have no info on that. Your best bet would be to try to install the 90* and go from there. If it makes contact, use the banjo style. Many folks have also found the banjo style has to be oriented a particular direction or they run the risk of leaking. Just some food for thought.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:51 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Thanks guys! Shack have made a complete parts list yet?

Jugernaut, did you get my pm? Wanting a 6.4 pump if you still have one?
Old 09-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Serving Our Country!

I have not made a parts list yet. I do have a 6.4 pump and a bunch of fittings at the house though. I can't tell you where I got my pump (haha) but I'm considering just going to the fuelab and ditching the 6.4 feeding the 6.0 idea. I'm not set on that but I'm teetering with it, especially since I purchased everything for the 6.4 to 6.0 system, it only makes sense to start from scratch again...lmao.

I won't be home for a couple weeks but if you're not in a hurry, you can hit me me up when I get back and we can talk about getting you the pump. For what it's worth, you can call me in the evenings now and then when I get home we can go from there. I have a detailed picture of the parts lists, I just haven't written out said parts list.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Sounds good man, shoot me a pm with your info. Why are you ditching the 6.4 lift pump idea? Your going to only run the fuel lab pump. I'm in no hurry as this is going to be my winter project. What is the part number for your fuel/water separator?
Old 09-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Serving Our Country!

You know Dale and I have talked about this quite a bit. The 6.0 pump puts out the pressure necessary for the truck but it lacks "volume" per say. The idea of the 6.4 feeding it is to reduce the wear on the pump from having to serve double duty as in it has to pull fuel from the tank, then pressurize and then send it to the engine. Well the 6.4 pump would be gravity fed so all it's doing is pressurizing fuel, force feeding the 6.0 pump which then only has to pressurize fuel and send it to the engine. It's very effective.

My problem is I can NEVER leave well enough alone. So when I finally leave Alaska, I'll probably upgrade some more stuff that's unnecessary because that's just what I do. I want to set myself up for not having to change everything around all at once and tackle the fuel system only once. That's my logic.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Serving Our Country!

Also, this is what I had drawn up for the fuel system:

Old 09-15-2013, 09:20 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Yeah I've got that pic... Actually, I post it up almost every time someone asks about custom RR kits!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Thanks guys! Shack have made a complete parts list yet?

Jugernaut, did you get my pm? Wanting a 6.4 pump if you still have one?
Ohh wow I didnt see pm yes I have one for you pm adress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.