its finally stage 3 time! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its finally stage 3 time!

Well...was notified by Adrian that stage 3 was shipped out on Thursday. Hope to have it by Tues/wed I hope. We are starting to chop corn on the farm tomorrow...so it'll be extremely busy for the next ten days or so. I'm hoping to get a little time to install it the day it comes. Got a turbo blanket for it also. I spent a half hour yesterday and took the hybrid off...so its ready. Tomorrow I will email Eric for a couple tune revisions for the stage 3. Was gonna run current hybrid tuning but Adrian said that it wouldn't work because the stage 3 needs special tuning to get it to run right. This stage 3 will have a billet dual plane wheel instead of the 11 blade single plane wheel. Trying to get all my ducks in a row to get this thing on and running while we're busy here...tis the season I guess! After its installed and tuning is where it should be I might try to dyno if I have time and if my buddy has time to dyno it. Its the same dyno I made 501/847 on. Next year I want to get RCD's exhaust manifolds and a ported intake manifold...we'll see what I can save up.

Here's how it sits

2004 F-350 SC 4x4, XLT, 4" dual Magnaflow, AFE intake, No Limit piping, spearco intercooler, water injection, ARP studs, hypemax o-ringed heads, SCT tuned by Innovative Diesel, tuned FICM, Hellman's sump, FASS, Fuelab, regulated return, 190/75 injectors, KC/MTW 68 w/.72ar, suncoast trans w/billet input, edge insight CS with dakota digital gauges, amsoil by-pass, BD exhaust manifolds

Last edited by strokin6L; 11-09-2013 at 07:20 AM.
post #2 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Well...was notified by Adrian that stage 3 was shipped out on Thursday. Hope to have it by Tues/wed I hope. We are starting to chop corn on the farm tomorrow...so it'll be extremely busy for the next ten days or so. I'm hoping to get a little time to install it the day it comes. Got a turbo blanket for it also. I spent a half hour yesterday and took the hybrid off...so its ready. Tomorrow I will email Eric for a couple tune revisions for the stage 3. Was gonna run current hybrid tuning but Adrian said that it wouldn't work because the stage 3 needs special tuning to get it to run right. This stage 3 will have a billet dual plane wheel instead of the 11 blade single plane wheel. Trying to get all my ducks in a row to get this thing on and running while we're busy here...tis the season I guess! After its installed and tuning is where it should be I might try to dyno if I have time and if my buddy has time to dyno it. Its the same dyno I made 501/847 on. Next year I want to get RCD's exhaust manifolds and a ported intake manifold...we'll see what I can save up.

Here's how it sits
Sounds good. We're you happy with Erics tuning you had before? I can see the hybrid being easier to tune than the stage 3 or 4. Hope it works out for you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2006 f250
on 37s
few engine parts here and there

Back Road Performance tuned
post #3 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm really happy with Eric's tuning. From the time I email him...he'll have a new tune sent to me within a couple hours. Sometimes sooner sometimes a little later. Really love his customer service and how fast he responds.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4, XLT, 4" dual Magnaflow, AFE intake, No Limit piping, spearco intercooler, water injection, ARP studs, hypemax o-ringed heads, SCT tuned by Innovative Diesel, tuned FICM, Hellman's sump, FASS, Fuelab, regulated return, 190/75 injectors, KC/MTW 68 w/.72ar, suncoast trans w/billet input, edge insight CS with dakota digital gauges, amsoil by-pass, BD exhaust manifolds
post #4 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 07:42 AM

I'm also getting ready to get busy farming. A so conveniently my turbo went bad and I've got to order a new one Monday. Might as well go bigger though

2006 f250
on 37s

post #5 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Might as well haha!

post #6 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 07:48 AM

I'm already running non vgt so I'm just going bigger. But I've heard alot of good things about the mtws and i know some of their guys

2006 f250
on 37s

post #7 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Chris, since you're talking about "getting your ducks in a row", it looks like from the pics that you have original up-pipes?? If so, you're going to want to up-grade those. That accordion style bellows doesn't like 44 psi of boost too much.

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME
BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
WWW.WPEDIESEL.COM

post #8 of 258 Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

http://www.rivercitydiesel.com/index...mart&Itemid=54

Yeah I know haha. But so far the stock ones have seen 45psi a lot and still going strong. But looking at getting RCD's modded pipes.

post #9 of 258 Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Woo hoo stage 3 came this morning! Wanna polish the compressor housing and install the stainless compressor housing bolts and put the turbo blanket on it.

post #10 of 258 Old 09-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In for the pics!

GD - 06 CCSB FX4 Lariat

https://www.gofundme.com/2464axqr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0Stroker View Post
It's Toren. .. don't question it ..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode