its finally stage 3 time! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its finally stage 3 time!

Well...was notified by Adrian that stage 3 was shipped out on Thursday. Hope to have it by Tues/wed I hope. We are starting to chop corn on the farm tomorrow...so it'll be extremely busy for the next ten days or so. I'm hoping to get a little time to install it the day it comes. Got a turbo blanket for it also. I spent a half hour yesterday and took the hybrid off...so its ready. Tomorrow I will email Eric for a couple tune revisions for the stage 3. Was gonna run current hybrid tuning but Adrian said that it wouldn't work because the stage 3 needs special tuning to get it to run right. This stage 3 will have a billet dual plane wheel instead of the 11 blade single plane wheel. Trying to get all my ducks in a row to get this thing on and running while we're busy here...tis the season I guess! After its installed and tuning is where it should be I might try to dyno if I have time and if my buddy has time to dyno it. Its the same dyno I made 501/847 on. Next year I want to get RCD's exhaust manifolds and a ported intake manifold...we'll see what I can save up.

Here's how it sits

Last edited by strokin6L; 11-09-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Well...was notified by Adrian that stage 3 was shipped out on Thursday. Hope to have it by Tues/wed I hope. We are starting to chop corn on the farm tomorrow...so it'll be extremely busy for the next ten days or so. I'm hoping to get a little time to install it the day it comes. Got a turbo blanket for it also. I spent a half hour yesterday and took the hybrid off...so its ready. Tomorrow I will email Eric for a couple tune revisions for the stage 3. Was gonna run current hybrid tuning but Adrian said that it wouldn't work because the stage 3 needs special tuning to get it to run right. This stage 3 will have a billet dual plane wheel instead of the 11 blade single plane wheel. Trying to get all my ducks in a row to get this thing on and running while we're busy here...tis the season I guess! After its installed and tuning is where it should be I might try to dyno if I have time and if my buddy has time to dyno it. Its the same dyno I made 501/847 on. Next year I want to get RCD's exhaust manifolds and a ported intake manifold...we'll see what I can save up.

Here's how it sits
Sounds good. We're you happy with Erics tuning you had before? I can see the hybrid being easier to tune than the stage 3 or 4. Hope it works out for you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-15-2013, 08:39 AM

Yeah I'm really happy with Eric's tuning. From the time I email him...he'll have a new tune sent to me within a couple hours. Sometimes sooner sometimes a little later. Really love his customer service and how fast he responds.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:42 AM

I'm also getting ready to get busy farming. A so conveniently my turbo went bad and I've got to order a new one Monday. Might as well go bigger though

Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM

Might as well haha!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:48 AM

I'm already running non vgt so I'm just going bigger. But I've heard alot of good things about the mtws and i know some of their guys

Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Chris, since you're talking about "getting your ducks in a row", it looks like from the pics that you have original up-pipes?? If so, you're going to want to up-grade those. That accordion style bellows doesn't like 44 psi of boost too much.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 AM

http://www.rivercitydiesel.com/index...mart&Itemid=54

Yeah I know haha. But so far the stock ones have seen 45psi a lot and still going strong. But looking at getting RCD's modded pipes.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 AM

Woo hoo stage 3 came this morning! Wanna polish the compressor housing and install the stainless compressor housing bolts and put the turbo blanket on it.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In for the pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.