XDP Event today- Dale's dyno experience - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
XDP Event today- Dale's dyno experience

Well well what a surprise today at the XDP event. Dale informed me today that he was going to dyno his truck, This event was a good one for sure and had a blast today- anyways. The dyno operator by the way was very professional and took great care in the trucks, was really impressed and forgot his friggin name (sorry im polish)... Make the long story short, Dale's truck is the baddest 6.0 ive seen yet to date other than the twin turbo 6.0 I got to ride in down the beach this past summer(that truck was flat out ridiculous). His truck made 3 pulls- and blew the boots off all 3 times at 3k rpm and made 568hp at 964ft. lbs of torque. From the start of running the truck it lights very very fast and takes off strong, pulling on top of the power band in no time until it hit 53-55psi then shut down due to the boots...

That h.p was at 3k rpm shutting down due to the boots not cooperating which means he had plenty of power left. Stay tuned for more to come, im sure he is in the mid 600's from what the dyno operator said and from the numbers etc etc. Great job Dale.
I was dying to run my truck today but my tranny is still acting up in reverse and going into drive(has a 3 sec delay while activating) and did not want to chance it.. The new ptp dd solenoid though I installed earlier this week helped a lot and the tranny shifts very firm and quick. This is a great mod to do- my truck definitely is faster off the line and all around accelerating thru the gears. My tranny will be built here shortly from warren, then I will post numbers on the dyno and the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by 04cr450; 09-14-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That sux he kept blowing the boots! I've seen other trucks to that and it can be very frustrating for the owner and dyno operator. 570 at only 3k is amazing! Did you happen to get a video or two?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe Dale has the video. The third pull actually blew the boot off a little quicker than the first two, which were identicle runs. I did not see the MPH it was at on the first two runs but on the third run he was turning the roller at 110 MPH when she blew well before 3k.

Most of the trucks we saw dynoed in the 400 HP range took forever to do the pull, like maybe a good 10 seconds. Dales 3k pulls were over in less than 2 seconds... she was revving quick and pulling hard, fast!

Was a great day for sure! Beautiful weather, lots of trucks and stuff to look at, and great to catch up with friends!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLDHRSE View Post
I believe Dale has the video. The third pull actually blew the boot off a little quicker than the first two, which were identicle runs. I did not see the MPH it was at on the first two runs but on the third run he was turning the roller at 110 MPH when she blew well before 3k.

Most of the trucks we saw dynoed in the 400 HP range took forever to do the pull, like maybe a good 10 seconds. Dales 3k pulls were over in less than 2 seconds... she was revving quick and pulling hard, fast!

Was a great day for sure! Beautiful weather, lots of trucks and stuff to look at, and great to catch up with friends!
IM trying to upload it now the site must be having issues
Old 09-15-2013, 06:16 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
We want VIDEO!!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:23 AM

Dale...I can't remember, but does the truck have aftermarket exhaust manifolds and a ported intake manifold?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Dale...I can't remember, but does the truck have aftermarket exhaust manifolds and a ported intake manifold?
No aftermarket manifolds i ported the pease going into the turbo thats all and the intake is a stock 6.4
Old 09-15-2013, 06:47 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Wow where do i start. What a awesome day with some very AWESOME FRIENDS. the day did not go with some hick-ups though blowing off boots and busting rear brake line "THANKS RICH LILPOOH" on dyno at end. WOW THE DYNO GUY WAS SO EXPERTLY PROFESSIONAL.The company was AXCELERATED MOTORSPORTS . After i drove truck to park it i mean everybody there weather they had a dodge, chevy ,ford it didn't matter pitched in to try and help they where great!!! I had to go off to a auto parts start to get a plug and seal brake line at junction then continued with rest of day. Greg Cliff and i had a AWESOME DAY what great friends! Well the truck just said no boots for you buddy and it had its way!! Stubborn biatch thats what im calling her from now on. At the end of the day i got into with a duramax going home that ran mid 12s and he saw tail lights until i realized i only had from brakes and let off. we pulled into a wawa and he asked why i didn't run it and i told him no rear brakes and boot problems. He had sweet dmax though. Well here is the video the run on the dyno was very fast until boot blew it revved up very fast and hard.

just a little bit before peak it blew

Last edited by JUGERNAUT; 09-15-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:21 AM
MARSOC > Seals

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What turbo and size of injectors?
Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 AM

Dale has the MTW stage 4 with 205/100's. The truck sounds like a beast dale!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.