I NEED SOME EXHAUST INFO - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I NEED SOME EXHAUST INFO

ok i know alot of people like the FBd exhaust, but i was wondering what your opinions are on all the other types of exhaust. I am looking for a turbo back system. what is the difference in getting a exhaust system with the cat and muffler vs. getting one with no cat or muffler? which would give me a louder whistle sound i dont really car about the loud rummble i just want a loud whistle. so what do all of you recommend? banks, bully dog, mbrp, fbd, silverline....thanks for the input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Anything strait piped will give you the wistle. I think MBRP and silverline are the favorites around here.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Emergency Services

whistle

the whistle will be louder if you have an air intake system, or a 4" turbo back exhaust, and a foil delete. i made my own 4" from pipes @ work, exept for the turbo pipe, and the turbo whistles alot louder now. i would buy the mbrp
kit.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19558077 View Post
the whistle will be louder if you have an air intake system, or a 4" turbo back exhaust, and a foil delete. i made my own 4" from pipes @ work, exept for the turbo pipe, and the turbo whistles alot louder now. i would buy the mbrp
kit.
what are you talking about when you say foil delete? Can i buy a mbrp with no cat and muffler, or do i have to cut it out? also i have heard that changing the intake will not make a difference because the factory one flow good enough, what if i do the zoodad mod will that help?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All exhaust systems are basically the same except for S.S. vs. Alum. of course. Foil delete is when you remove the foil from the up pipe. With an cold air intake you will get more air and more sound. Yes you can get a system that deletes cat and muffler. Turboback system wtith muffler delete pipe. Zoodad mod will help alittle with sound but more for cold air intake.

Last edited by choctaw; 06-06-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: new thought
Old 06-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

what would happen if you were to cut out the cat and muffler from the stock exhaust system. would it make a difference?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 AM

I took the muffler off and put a 90 deg elbow tip down and the turbo sounds great and runs a little cooler EGTs. very low cost. I have the SCT from Innovative diesel with tunes and going for the S & B intake next.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It will be just OK, when you buy an aftermarket exhaust you get smoother bends less restriction (mandrel bent) and larger diameter. Also the down pipe is larger with less restriction.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put a straight pipe in the place of the muffler yesterday. Just got a raspy sound around 2700rpm. No more turbo spool like I wanted. Is the foil wrapped around the head pipe? I looks like it absorbs the heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.