Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Water Meth injection

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Java 
#1 ·
What is the best water meth injection system? How much will it imporve fuel milage?

Fuel prices are killing me..

Dirty Steve

#2 ·
Seems the best way to increase mileage is with the SCT you already have, keeping your foot out of it. I have heard the Snow system is awesome and can increase a few mpg's. Maybe 1-3? I read something recently on the Snow system about mileage increases - but dont remember what.

I dont think though - that all these mileage increases are "stackable". You know - like a 2-4mpg gain with a looney tune and foot out of it, 1-3 with snow, 1.25 with right oil (I got a 1.5mpg increase with rotella 5w40 synthetic), etc. If that was the case - we could all have 30mpg trucks!

#3 ·
it wont really improve your milage only because it wont full activate when your almost in full boost. It does lower egts down. So if your towing alot then it totally worth it. My egts at wot never get above 950ish. Normal is like 1100-1200 i think. I run a 40%meth mix and i can fell a big difference power wise. Like a 75 shot of nitrous in a car

#4 ·
Look at the stage 3 eco kit from snow. Seems like the best product I have been able to find. Bigg D, this kit has been improved to the point of controlling the water/meth under normal driving conditions, not just under hard accel.

Snow Performance: Diesel Stage 3 MPG-MAX Boost Cooler

#5 ·
i have snow stage 2 and didnt improve my mpgs any it just lowers egts and a boost of power

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.