Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Question 4 the BPD runners-

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kinnisoj 
#1 ·
This is a question for the guys running the Bullet Proof Diesel oil coolers and/or bypass oil filter set up.
On the aluminum block that actually holds the filters I see that there is a in and a out on both sides of the block. What cool ideas have you come up with for these extra little access ports? I thought something like a FUMOTO valve for getting samples....(ok that's too easy) What about can we hook up another filter? What about a psi gauge? A temp gauge? SIRIUS satellite radio???
Anybody ever do anything with these???

#3 ·
You really wouldn't want to add another filter or anything else that is going to rob oil psi from the motor. The BPD oil cooler is designed to maintain OEM oil psi thru the motor, so any additions will rob oil psi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Don't know if many folks have any reason to use the ports. I tried running a second external cooler for awhile and used those ports. I went back to a single when BPD sold me the taller HD cooler. You just have to remember anything you ad may effect pressure, flow, and volume, and need to make sure your engine gets what it needs.

#5 ·
How where you able to verify your truck was getting adequate oil while running two oil coolers?

#6 ·
I just did trail runs to check temperature differences, never towed or anything. Probably ran 300 miles with dual coolers. I did a lot of tech talk with BPD while trying it. The way the 6.0 works, if she not getting enough oil she won't start. Since she started and based off my discussions with BPD, I felt comfortable running the tests. The single HD cooler is a better setup.

#8 ·
how about a electric oil pump that would cycle the oil through the system so that way you would never have a "dry start"? Say after the truck has been sitting for a while or after a oil change?

#9 ·
I recently picked up an EDGE EAS Pressure Sensor and Temp Sensor to go with my CTS. This weekend I am thinking about installing one or both on the BPD primary oil filter head. This would give me low pressure oil pressure and oil temp upstream of the BPD cooler. Combined with the OEM oil temp sensor location in the BPD transfer block, this should give me pre- and post-cooler EOTs.

#10 ·
That would be way cool...I like the whole pre and post temp thing.

#11 ·
After thinking about the electric oil priming pump I think this would a very cool idea. You cant tell me that you wouldnt use something like this......HEY BPD GUYS ?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.