MTW and it's WAIT TIME and Product quality::::: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MTW and it's WAIT TIME and Product quality:::::

Hello everyone, I would like to apologize about the problems that I have been having with wait times on all the turbos. I listen to what people say and I care, I have MTW a spot that every small company gets to and made it to the spot quick. A lot quicker then I thought it would happen. I can either stay the way I am and stay small, or invest money into the company and make it into a premier turbo company.

I have decided to invest money and grow the company into the best option to go with and highest quality. First it will take a little of time to get things set up, and I have been working very hard to get them set up to have everything ready within two months time.

Wait time, I will be ready within one month maybe shorter depending on when the supplies I have ordered get to me. I have over 20 brand new center sections, 30 brand new turbos, and 30 brand new center sections coming. Along with over 100 unison rings, and other parts, why? I have a goal to have the turbos sitting on the shelf ready to go, at least 10 stage 1, 6 new stage 2, 5 stage 3, and 5 stage 4.

Quality I have out sourced the compressor housing from my machinist and have gotten two machine shops to take care of the load of supply. The compressor housings will be CNC machined to the highest standards. The compressor housing and wheels are not a continuous radius they actually have 3 separate radius that make it up. I believe that the bridge port mill with a cutter made to the three angle is important, but the CNC will be much better and provide a better quality. So shops use a lathe which I don't agree would be the best way, and very hard to reproduce the different angles. My machinist will be kept busy with other projects.

Balancing is one of the other things that have come up, yes I will have a VS balancer coming to me as soon as they build one and send it to me. Do I know how to use one? sort of I use a VSR balancer on the jet engines I have balanced in my 25 year time as a aircraft mechanic, same balancer just the VSR is more difficult to use. I will be balancing the rotating assembles with the VS balancer, and I will also be sending turbos to be balanced by a VSR balancing machine. The turbo VRS balancer is spun to 100,000 rpm and balanced, and once I get things in order all the turbos will have a balance VSR balance sheet with them.

The turbo will also get Garrett repair kits with them, and have the upgraded 360 degree thrust bearings added to all.

I have been very busy to get all these things ready and will be in place, I will continue to provide the best quality, less wait time, and best performance products I can. I will be expanding the shop and then getting a new one to move in. I thank the customers for a chance to supply them, and hope to provide excellent customer service to new customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think we need a like button on the forum haha keep up the good work
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM

You copied my 360 thrust mod, I might just have to complain about it for a year or two now... darn
Old 08-18-2013, 07:53 PM

And your going to balance assemblys now, thats copying.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM

I hope your copy business goes well, maybe you can make posters and flyers for my products.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In before lock!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRHX2009 View Post
I hope your copy business goes well, maybe you can make posters and flyers for my products.
I had been reading all the good stuff about barder lately and was half tempted to start looking at those turbos.... But these comments just threw that out the door. I'm sticking with Adrian for when I get my turbo built. May be a while. But Adrian seems much more mature and a business man willing to make sure his customers and happy and get exactly what they want. Keep up the good work Adrian. Looking forward to doing business with you in the future.

PS: congrats on taking the next step with your business Adrian.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRHX2009 View Post
James, not copying a thing, 360 thrust bearings is a common mod. As far as balancing that is also not coping I will have VSR balancing which is better then the VS balance, I just answered all of your faults with my product and upped the ante. You have your way of doing things and I have mine, you bore the housings your way and I get mine CNC. Again all the things that were in the works before you but had to bring them out faster. I guess making wait time to zero wait with product on shelf, sticking balance sheets with the turbo, putting a trouble shooting guide are all your ideas also.

It's all part of competition, and like I stated before you do it your way turbine wheels and such and I will be doing it my way, which by the way here's a little heads up, I have my own and exclusive turbine wheels being made gt4088 wheels but with the thickness of the 4094va for reliability. I welcome you to the 6.0 powerstrokes as a option and keep your products coming.

I can send you a poster and flyer of mine if you like, and hope your business does well also.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFBowman View Post
I had been reading all the good stuff about barder lately and was half tempted to start looking at those turbos.... But these comments just threw that out the door. I'm sticking with Adrian for when I get my turbo built. May be a while. But Adrian seems much more mature and a business man willing to make sure his customers and happy and get exactly what they want. Keep up the good work Adrian. Looking forward to doing business with you in the future.

PS: congrats on taking the next step with your business Adrian.
I thank you very much, don't be so hard on Barber he is responsible for pushing me to the next level, and for that I thank him. I want to be able to offer the best product, at the best prices, put my future customers and present first.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
very nice adrian i have been hoping and praying the stage 2 would come back out. soon as barder turbos come out i did read reviews and thought about it but then still thought back at stage 1. now that i hear stage 2 is gonna return im gonna have to wait and see some reviews before i say stage 1 or 2 and i like that there will be no turn around time that is honestly what has been holding me back. this is my only vehicle so i cannot have down time longer than a day or two. i think the no wait time will help many people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.