super panty dropper a must have - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
super panty dropper a must have

Thought I would do a little review and no politic games on how the tunes I have tried this morning... After getting back in town from work i loaded all these tunes to try. I had run the srlxx tune from matt and is a great tune. Shifts good, great power and definetly will keep it loaded in my sct.
Loaded The super panty dropper tune from chris and holy freaking cow.... The power was increased from the srlxx to the point where I was shocked. Shifting was spot on and the truck moved around effortlessly like a pocket bike with a big bore kit in it- this will be my daily tune now, he wrote me one with early lockup for the track but have not tried it yet..... Boost increased from 32 psi on srlxx to 35-36 on the spd tune. The spd tune hardly smokes also which i thought was strange as the srlxx i could clear a whole lane out with smoke taking off. The p-max rises again with zero lag on the spd tune(srlxx had no lag either)

Now onto the other tunes... Sorry but eric and tony's tunes were weak as can be and my truck hated them.. Not impressed at all with there extreme tunes. Nothing else to say with them other than they are similar to canned tunes.Anyways just short and sweet reviews of the extreme tunes. Going back to work for a couple hours now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I thought Chris quit writing tunes unless you had it live tuned? I'd like to try the SPD tune but hadn't tried to get one.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice review!! Just goes to show how tunes react different in different trucks.

So does this mean TSD is doing emailed tunes agaian? Or were these tunes that you ordered prior to TSD stopping emailed tunes?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-18-2013, 07:30 AM

He is doing tunes again via email yup... What a good thing for sure... I assume he will stop again once he gets swamped with emails lol
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is he charging for tunes?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Premium Member

I'll add to this.....

I've been running the SPD for about a year now in conjunction with PHP's Atlas 80 FICM tune. Holy Cow is about accurate. My truck feels like a gas engine in a small car, if I get ready to pass I have to make sure I start changing lanes early because the gap closes quick. Mine will smoke some on the bottom but cleans up quickly. I am running Chris' early lock up version, my only complaint is every once and a while it will lock early while I'm not making boost, then it lags a smokes like a Cummins. A stab of the throttle or push of the tow/haul button fixes it. Chris' tune made my truck useless in the rain, even fresh tires won't grip, I just have to roll into it and stay around 1/4 throttle until I have some speed. And the best part, I'm hand calculating about 16.5 MPG out of it back and forth to work, I'll get about 18 out of it unloaded on the intetstate. I love this tune!

Old 08-18-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargar View Post
I'll add to this.....

I've been running the SPD for about a year now in conjunction with PHP's Atlas 80 FICM tune. Holy Cow is about accurate. My truck feels like a gas engine in a small car, if I get ready to pass I have to make sure I start changing lanes early because the gap closes quick. Mine will smoke some on the bottom but cleans up quickly. I am running Chris' early lock up version, my only complaint is every once and a while it will lock early while I'm not making boost, then it lags a smokes like a Cummins. A stab of the throttle or push of the tow/haul button fixes it. Chris' tune made my truck useless in the rain, even fresh tires won't grip, I just have to roll into it and stay around 1/4 throttle until I have some speed. And the best part, I'm hand calculating about 16.5 MPG out of it back and forth to work, I'll get about 18 out of it unloaded on the intetstate. I love this tune!

Besides possibly having an exhaust an intake, what other mods are needed to run an extreme tune like this? Head studs? Turbo upgrade? Built tranny?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-18-2013, 09:18 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I am assuming the panty dropper tune is not TTY head bolt friendly.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Premium Member

I'm pushing the limits of sanity as far as the stereotypical 6.0 horror story goes. My tune is for a studded truck but I'm on TTY bolts. I've got a 5" straight exhaust, S&B cai and a Wicked Wheel II in my stock turbo. I do monitor fuel pressure and EGT. I draw my fuel from a sump rather than from the stock tank unit. My trans is stock too with the exception of a GoGo Diesel direct clutch solenoid, synthetic fluid and a dieselsite spin on filter.

DISCLAIMER....run my receipe at your own risk, mine could puke tomorrow. I'd hate for someone to think that since I've been lucky, that they would too.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:34 AM

Where can one purchase this tune and for how much?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.