Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGR manifold plug

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Teachagmech 
#1 ·
So I tried searching for this, but couldn't find any information. I will eventually weld the egr cooler and remove the scoop in the up pipe. Until then I was going to disable the egr with the sct I just purchased (should be here next week). I have heard about people having problems with their egr valve opening with back pressure. My plan is to machine an aluminum plug with o ring seals just like the factory egr valve. I figured since the manifold is aluminum, and there would be no egr flow that heat shouldn't be an issue.

Does anybody have any input for me? Will it work? I have access to a lathe and mill, so the machine work isn't a problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Yeah it will work, they sell what your talking about on ebay. I too have my get welded up and I've questioned the egr valve opening under pressure when it shouldn't, but with the get cooler welded up it won't be an issue, since exhaust won't make it to the egr valve now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Don't remove the egr valve, leave in in place and plugged in. Weld the cooler shut and you won't have any problems with valve opening up. The s SCT will disable the erg valve but the ECM needs to see it plugged in for towing to lock the fan in, or to let the truck build boost, depending on the strategy code the ECM is running, depends on what the plugged in EGR valve will effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.