DP-Tuner & Dash DAQ Thoughts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DP-Tuner & Dash DAQ Thoughts

Ok, this is long overdue. Not long ago I became the proud owner of a 2005 Ex. Several weeks later, and poof, blown heads, which led to a new motor. I then discovered this site, and Through your many suggestions, I am now a very happy EX owner. Thank you!! One addition that I've been very happy with is the Dash-DAQ programmed by the good folks at DP-Tuner. I researched several tuners/monitors. For me I wanted one that would allow me to have the freedoms to do as I wanted, I.e. turn off a egr, or other such programs. I wanted it to monitor the engine, and be upgradeable. The only item that came close was the SCT and some other monitor...I wanted one package. Thus far the 60-hp tow tune locks 3-5, and produces noticeable difference when going up steep, long grades. Economy is in the 12-14MPG. Around town I chose the 80-hp econo tune. It's interesting, in a good way. Not much pedal use to keep up with traffic, but when I need to move, the EX is like a rocket.

My only gripe is that the documentation to understand PID's etc, is limited, as in non existent. It took email, and many phone calls until I got a basic understanding. Granted, for me I need things in pop-up picture books The common parameters were easy, EGT, oil temp, etc. were all available. Figuring out boost...not straight forward. And then there is no FICM monitoring, even though there is a PID. This is not on DP-Tuner folks, it's the limitation of the DashDaq. The DP-folks have been great and customer service is the leading reason for purchase. The other weirdness is the OT vs. CT. There is a custom option to display a number (for people like me who can't do quick simple math) that displays the delta between oil and coolant. Here is what's odd, the number may show 3 degrees delta, but the OT is 180 and CT is at 168...12 degree delta.??? Odd

So, one true gripe, better documentation. Otherwise, for me this does it all in one package with the options to grow. I have played around with customizing the skins, gauge arrangements. The power is sweet, and saves my stock programming.

Thanks again for the many suggestions. Exhaust, coolant filer, tuner...not sure what's next. Suspension or higher and cooler flow from turbo to intake...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've used a couple of the trendy tuners on here and in the end migrated back to my 7.3L tuner - DP. For what I do, and in my sole opinion, they stood above the rest. There in the business of "tuning" not necessarily "training" customers on how to use the devices that should be found in the instructions. As far as using your DAQ, remember Boost can be accurately read on your dashboard, and as far as FICM, VGT, IPR duty cycle monitoring, trying to look at those on any regular basis is rediculous in my opinion. Those are diagnostic menus and nobody needs to be running around staring at diagnostic menus all the time. If your truck as issues, like Ficm low voltage for instance, your not going to need a monitor to inform you.

Enjoy the new motor and the tunes, there as good as any out there, better IMO.

Last edited by jetjock15; 08-08-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback on the Infinity. It is much appreciated.

The name of the PID's are what Ford labels them as. An example would be MGP(Manifold Gauge Pressure), which is actually boost. It is just listed as what Ford would call them(hence the Ford Enhanced name). While this may be a little confusing, it is very easy to figure out what the abbreviation stands for. All you have to do is click on the gauge itself and a screen will pop up showing the full name of the parameter.

There are three FICM parameters available to monitor(main, logic, and power going to injectors). We should have the inaccurate FICM reading corrected in the next firmware update. This info has been given to the software company and they are aware of it. I will also look into the ECT vs. EOT parameter configuration. Is it consistently off?

Pretty much all of the info you would ever need about the unit can be found HERE.

If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Justin. You all were great, and the program for tow or Econ, sweet. The programmer is technical, but is also, for my exhausting research, and assistance from others who are experts with the 6.0, it's in a class in its own.

Firmware updates, great! Still upgradeable...

Thanks again, next stop intake and something to cool the charged air...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.