MTW st 1 Gearhead tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MTW st 1 Gearhead tunes

So I'd like to get some input on this. This would be the first time I have ever gotten tunes for a vehicle. So I'd like to know what I need to tell matt to have him right me a good unlimited tow, 8k tow, and SRL tune for my truck. I know that the more information I can give him the better I have 06, auto, Stock sticks, mtw stage 1 billet wheel. I've heard matt has already had time tuning trucks with mtw's. So would he be good with just the information that I have listed, or does he need more information? I'm a complete newb a this! Thanks for any help you can give!!

06 f350, 6.0, 5 torqshift, egr delete, replaced oil cooler, SCT tuner, Head studs, MTW St 1 billet wheel, Custom tunes from GH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Unapologetically American

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Matt told me that I didn't need any special tuning for the S1. He will get the info he needs from your VIN#, with the addition of your mods. He'll tell you what he needs

2006 F350 SOLD
* KMC XD Monsters wrapped in Hankook ATM's
* 08 style mirrors
* 4" TB exhaust
* SCT X2 with Gearhead, PHP and ID tunes
* Edge Insight CTS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Blue FPR spring
* 6.4 Banjos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Dfuser coolant filter
* Stage1 MTW turbo

New truck has a Cummins and a handshaker
post #3 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Vin #? Can't remember giving any custom tune writer my vin... But make sure to tell him about bolt on mods... Year, model, strategy code, trans, intake, exhaust, injectors, turbo (never hurts for him to know if its not stock)

05 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed
ARPs w/OEM Gaskets
MTW Stage 2 w/batmowheel

BPD oil cooler w/ cold weather package
BPD Updated umm...Everything
BPD bypass oil filter
BPD FICM 58v
Spring Mod
Egr deleted
4" Duals
Edge CTS
Custom grille made by Me

X3 w/Matts SRL+/SRLxx and Tow Tunes
Tony WildmanExtreme w/early lockup

post #4 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Any of your tunes you run on the stock turbo will work even better with a stage 1 -my actual experience not something I've read.

The best news about your decision is if you get studs there's a world of difference for around 50.00 which is what most guys charge for tunes with no additional costs.

I ran eric's and matt's and vivians Matt can tune a truck!

D
D

2005 CC SB 147K

MTW MaDmAx 68mm VGT
Warren Diesel 175/75's Super Spools N Drew's Tunes
VXCF9CA TQCI1NB
SCT A101706100004F6C
VIN FTSW21P65EB08535
ARP's - MBRP T-Back Kitty Del.
ICON 4.5" + 2" Spacer
Mickey T's Baja ATZ P3 37's
METHOD Racing Wheels 20x
ScanGauge II / RedHead Box
Snow Perf. Stg. II W/ Banks Intercooler
Bulletproof EGR Del. & External Filter
ELC Coolant & Sin. Coolant Filter
AMP Steps & ARE Cover W/ Bed Slide
post #5 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM

Don't forget about about Tony Wildman... My truck runs better on his tune. Matt's tune is cleaner though.

ARPs w/OEM Gaskets
MTW Stage 2 w/batmowheel

BPD bypass oil filter
BPD FICM 58v
Spring Mod
Egr deleted
4" Duals
Edge CTS
Custom grille made by Me

post #6 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks guys for all your info! Yeah I forgot to mention it already has studs, and a makeshift straight pipe, removed muffler and hollowed out the cat. Can't beat free!! So other than the turbo the studs the tuner and my home brewed straight pipe, He is completely stock! haha. Also how can I figure out what Strategy code I have? I think I have one of the later flashes cause I can here the inductive heat strategy doing it's clattering thing on the injectors.

On a side note have any of you guys ran any of Joey's tunes?

06 f350, 6.0, 5 torqshift, egr delete, replaced oil cooler, SCT tuner, Head studs, MTW St 1 billet wheel, Custom tunes from GH.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 PM

It depends on what tuner your using for loading the custom tunes. If its the hand held sct tuner then you go into vehicle info and then choose read strategy…

ARPs w/OEM Gaskets
MTW Stage 2 w/batmowheel

BPD bypass oil filter
BPD FICM 58v
Spring Mod
Egr deleted
4" Duals
Edge CTS
Custom grille made by Me

post #8 of 9 Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks RollinEarly99, and to everybody. I'll send him all the information and just wait for the tunes to come in! thanks again.

post #9 of 9 Old 08-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Unapologetically American

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Vin #? Can't remember giving any custom tune writer my vin... But make sure to tell him about bolt on mods... Year, model, strategy code, trans, intake, exhaust, injectors, turbo (never hurts for him to know if its not stock)
I was remembering the way I did it the first time, 7 years ago

2006 F350 SOLD
* KMC XD Monsters wrapped in Hankook ATM's
* 08 style mirrors
* 4" TB exhaust
* SCT X2 with Gearhead, PHP and ID tunes
* Edge Insight CTS

* Blue FPR spring
* 6.4 Banjos

* Dfuser coolant filter
* Stage1 MTW turbo

New truck has a Cummins and a handshaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode