Glowshift Gauge and Fuel Help!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glowshift Gauge and Fuel Help!!

A little backstory, I had about two months ago truck was running rough. Took it to stealership and was told #1 injector was bad. Replaced myself from member on here with Ford reman. Only lasted 750 miles and truck just died. Had it towed to Bulletproof diesel shop local to me and was told #1 and #2 were bad? $1300 and back in business again.

This week installed glowshift 3 in 1 gauge setup and accidentally switched the boost and fuel pressure gauge first before noticing that I was an idiot and put them in the right spot. Problems lie in that bosst gauge is only reading half of the boost that it should via my dashboss and fuel pressure is 20 and lower the whole time?

Can the truck even run on that low fuel pressure? and it drives fine. I installed the strictly diesel line and sending unit behind the battery. Or are the sending units shot you think because I ran the truck with them in the wrong spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

20 is awful, you would know it if your truck had 20lbs of fuel pressure. I'd bet on the gauges themselves or the sending unit. Glowshifts are nicknamed "glowchit" for a reason.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Did you bleed any air from the adapter? Also the sending unit should be lower than the fuel bowl assembly so the air will bleed itself out when the truck is shut down.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Premium Member

I did bleed air out of the assembly, can u screw a adapter to the strictly diesel shrader valve? It also is lower than the bowl.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Premium Member

I'm looking at getting a regular gauge that will go to the shrader. I have the blue spring installed some time ago but may be thinking the pump is suspect due to replacing them recently
Old 08-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Ok I hooked up both a mechanical gauge and the electrical one, they're both reading like nine lbs but the truck runs ok. I replaced te fuel pump today with one from autozone and still no change? I'm thinking debris somewhere but I wanna make sure before I pull the tank!!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 PM

9 psi? I don't see how that could be right lol. The truck should be at 60 or so at idle and not drop below 45 at WOT. I don't think it would even run on 9psi.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 AM

Do you have a mech oil pressure gauage?, you can retest it on you schrader valve etc.. 9psi is crazy. What did Bulletproof Diesel say?, what readings did they get? if you really have 9spi.. I'd bet all your injectors won't last long.
Thanks,
Deo
Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Yea I have a mechanical fuel gauge hooked up to where the shrader was on the strictly diesel line. I don't see how it can be that low, the diesel place said that the pressure was fine when they changed the injectors. I'm at a loss as where to look next? Couldn't imagine fuel pump would be bad out of the box
Old 08-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Premium Member

I'm at a loss, I checked the lines with no problems, still reading low. Fuel bowl fills up in a few seconds like it should? At this point I really don't wanna replace the pump again but it looks like the next logical thing. Is there a way to see if the blue spring update is working correctly? I've driven about 800 miles with it reading this low so I'm at a loss since its not affecting drivability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.