MTW response to members:::: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MTW response to members::::

First off let me say that working with the members on here and customers made through here is mostly fun. Sometimes things get very frustrating, not just for the customer but for me also. I never not worked with anyone to resolve their problems with their trucks or turbos.

I started the whole turbo thing as help to offer other options, and to build my own turbo for my truck. The stage 1 is a huge success, and is a real powerhouse. I have always shared the information on to why things are as they are. I have never cheated anyone of any money, fact is I have lost money to help at times. I have never owned a business and didn't plan on having one building turbos. I was out to help and since the turbos were a cheap option the demand for them has gotten out of hand for a one man operation. I could expand and turn MTW into a really big company, but since the mods are not able to patent I don't want to invest over my head on it. I enjoy talking to customers and keeping the business is small, I will continue to do it.

Growing pains yes, not just in shop space but in supplies, and time management. I'm a one man show with a full time job that is secure so I won't leave it. I'm married with a wife that actually wants to spend time with me, and this last year with all the turbo stuff has been patient about it.

Fact is that I have built over 280 turbos and there are bound to be some people that are not going to be happy no matter what I do. I have been cheated myself and taken advantaged of be some, but I guess that is part of business.

I built the hybrid due to supply of the parts for stage 2, on some trucks work great on others ok, strange since the stage 2 worked great.

Speaking about turbos the stage 1 is a great towing turbo for max weight, why because it spools very fast, and has great throttle response. That is what you need for towing, hybrid will tow but not max weight, same goes for the other turbos that are bigger then stage 1. Stage 3 will tow 6000-8000 pounds, but anymore then that and not so well. There is a big difference between towing max weight and towing when you want a set up.

I want to believe that I have helped more 6.0 owners then not, I will continue to build turbos and help 6.0 owners, anyone that has talked to me knows that I care and want to help. I have had a lot of core problem, some of the turbo just can't use, so I have found parts I need to increase the quality and currently waiting for them.

Not making excuses, it is what it is, I'm not the most organized person so I get thing mixed up, and my old age isn't helping me at all.

I hope to get enough parts together to have turbos on the shelf, and to have a few shops have them on the shelf. The turbos do work and work well, hybrid may be discontinued in the future and my not have as many different options to offer.

Thanks to all, Adrian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 08:30 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm extremely happy with my turbo and the customer service is top notch! I was worried after reading half way thru that your were throwing in the towel, glad to here that's not the case. Keep it up!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looking forward to getting one of your tubros Adrian after I get the truck studded. I was looking at the hybrid for when I got mine built. But with this post from you I think I will stick with a Stage 1 just for the ability to tow in the future.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

Thank you guys, I try to do the best I can, I have learned from my mistakes, such as lead time from suppliers. I have also learned that a new product will tested to make sure it will work up to may standards. That is why the new MADMAX turbo is going to take a little while to bring it up, I want to make sure that it works and works well. The new stage 4 is also going to be tested by me, and my truck sometime next week. The MADMAX will also be sent out only two at first then another within two weeks to get input. One will be going to Nate, other three to tester I have already gotten, some have 175/75 others with 190/100. After I hear back from them, and depending if I need to tweak the turbo depends on when I will release for production.

I have contracted turbine wheels to be made for me, and they should be ready in 60 days, and will change the vgt turbo game big time. I wish I could say I had made a lot of profits but at this time I'm actually be hide on money. I have had to front so much money out, which is main reason the average Joe build can't get going. I will be getting the truck after I can get caught up and start from a stock truck and build from there.

I will also be expanding into 6.4 with drop in replacement wheels, to two bigger then stock turbos. Depending on the MADMAX success, will also dictate if I will move into Duramax offerings of same turbo. I hate to have to get into other engines and brands but, I must do what I have to keep money coming in for development. For the custom turbines that I will be having made I have to order 100 pieces. I will always keep the 6.0 as my favorite engine. I have at least two to three more years of turbo development on them to make the final product.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
First off let me say that working with the members on here and customers made through here is mostly fun. Sometimes things get very frustrating, not just for the customer but for me also. I never not worked with anyone to resolve their problems with their trucks or turbos.

I started the whole turbo thing as help to offer other options, and to build my own turbo for my truck. The stage 1 is a huge success, and is a real powerhouse. I have always shared the information on to why things are as they are. I have never cheated anyone of any money, fact is I have lost money to help at times. I have never owned a business and didn't plan on having one building turbos. I was out to help and since the turbos were a cheap option the demand for them has gotten out of hand for a one man operation. I could expand and turn MTW into a really big company, but since the mods are not able to patent I don't want to invest over my head on it. I enjoy talking to customers and keeping the business is small, I will continue to do it.

Growing pains yes, not just in shop space but in supplies, and time management. I'm a one man show with a full time job that is secure so I won't leave it. I'm married with a wife that actually wants to spend time with me, and this last year with all the turbo stuff has been patient about it.

Fact is that I have built over 280 turbos and there are bound to be some people that are not going to be happy no matter what I do. I have been cheated myself and taken advantaged of be some, but I guess that is part of business.

I built the hybrid due to supply of the parts for stage 2, on some trucks work great on others ok, strange since the stage 2 worked great.

Speaking about turbos the stage 1 is a great towing turbo for max weight, why because it spools very fast, and has great throttle response. That is what you need for towing, hybrid will tow but not max weight, same goes for the other turbos that are bigger then stage 1. Stage 3 will tow 6000-8000 pounds, but anymore then that and not so well. There is a big difference between towing max weight and towing when you want a set up.

I want to believe that I have helped more 6.0 owners then not, I will continue to build turbos and help 6.0 owners, anyone that has talked to me knows that I care and want to help. I have had a lot of core problem, some of the turbo just can't use, so I have found parts I need to increase the quality and currently waiting for them.

Not making excuses, it is what it is, I'm not the most organized person so I get thing mixed up, and my old age isn't helping me at all.

I hope to get enough parts together to have turbos on the shelf, and to have a few shops have them on the shelf. The turbos do work and work well, hybrid may be discontinued in the future and my not have as many different options to offer.

Thanks to all, Adrian
I'm glad you came out with this. What I have highlighted is where I'll voice my concern. I've spoken with Nate about this a number of times, I called Matt today but I missed his return call and will call him tomorrow. I assume the Hybrid I got was a compensatory move for having waited as long as I did just like one of the other members who was PM'ing me inquiring about my thoughts on the turbo. This is a great turbo, without a doubt. It performs up top just like expected but I ordered the Stage 1 because I use my truck for heavy towing. I understand wanting to help customers who have been waiting and I personally conveyed to Nate that I understand you're a busy man, but I think if you're going to make good with customers by "free upgrades" on turbos, it'd be extremely beneficial to you and the member than you connect with them first as you could actually be doing a disservice to them by providing them a turbo unsuited for the job. I would have continued to wait for the Stage 1 but at this point, I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. I'm buying a Cyclone HD 3100 5'er that weighs 11,000 dry and will be maxed out once the garage and tanks are full (somewhere in the neighborhood of 14,000). Hauling that through Alaska, Canada and the NorthWestern part of the U.S., I'm uncertain of how it will perform. I have a while to get an idea but you get my point.

I think the work you do is great, I think the turbos are phenomenal and I have never not been able to get ahold of Nate or Matt (although I missed his return call, he did call me back), I just really think before upgrading someone with a larger turbo, they should be contacted. I think most folks would agree that as long as they know what's going on and the communication is open, they'd be willing to wait but communication is essential to building a positive customer/vendor relationship(s). I made two payments and never received a single notification from regarding those. Again, I will reiterate that I understand completely the level of busy you are, but there should be a precedence when dealing with peoples' money, especially the kind being shelled out for performance parts.

Keep up the good work and doing what you do, but remember...communicate. You have the resources via Matt and Nate. Utilize them.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You might want to think about being able to handle the orders you have now before getting strung out with other offerings. I understand trying to stay afloat, but you are working towards a bad reputation. You really need to get organized or people are gonna go elsewhere. You have a good thing, if you don't want a full business, stick to a couple key items and focus more on customer service.

This is the thing I hate most with small businesses, great product, but the owner gets too over reached and disorganized that it winds up pissing everyone off and they take their business elsewhere.

I'm not taking a jab at you but if this is something you really love doing, then take some time off and get your timelines more part time and less a cobbled mess.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
I'm glad you came out with this. What I have highlighted is where I'll voice my concern. I've spoken with Nate about this a number of times, I called Matt today but I missed his return call and will call him tomorrow. I assume the Hybrid I got was a compensatory move for having waited as long as I did just like one of the other members who was PM'ing me inquiring about my thoughts on the turbo. This is a great turbo, without a doubt. It performs up top just like expected but I ordered the Stage 1 because I use my truck for heavy towing. I understand wanting to help customers who have been waiting and I personally conveyed to Nate that I understand you're a busy man, but I think if you're going to make good with customers by "free upgrades" on turbos, it'd be extremely beneficial to you and the member than you connect with them first as you could actually be doing a disservice to them by providing them a turbo unsuited for the job. I would have continued to wait for the Stage 1 but at this point, I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. I'm buying a Cyclone HD 3100 5'er that weighs 11,000 dry and will be maxed out once the garage and tanks are full (somewhere in the neighborhood of 14,000). Hauling that through Alaska, Canada and the NorthWestern part of the U.S., I'm uncertain of how it will perform. I have a while to get an idea but you get my point.

I think the work you do is great, I think the turbos are phenomenal and I have never not been able to get ahold of Nate or Matt (although I missed his return call, he did call me back), I just really think before upgrading someone with a larger turbo, they should be contacted. I think most folks would agree that as long as they know what's going on and the communication is open, they'd be willing to wait but communication is essential to building a positive customer/vendor relationship(s). I made two payments and never received a single notification from regarding those. Again, I will reiterate that I understand completely the level of busy you are, but there should be a precedence when dealing with peoples' money, especially the kind being shelled out for performance parts.

Keep up the good work and doing what you do, but remember...communicate. You have the resources via Matt and Nate. Utilize them.
Matt and Nate had told me about you getting a hybrid instead of a stage 1, pm me your name so I can see what happen. I will make it right and get you a stage 1 for your needs, good center housings are hard to come by and have invested in new center housings to get orders out and get turbos on the shelf.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Premium Member

I have heard 95% good things about MTW. Most everyone loves their turbos! No one is perfect and it is sad often that the 5% or even 1% usually speak the loudest and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I love that a small guy like Adrian has done so much to help out the 6.0 community. Garrett has pretty much passed us up and moved onto bigger and better things. A couple of other people have dabbled a little bit but Adrian has really stuck with it. He has potentially changed the 6.0 turbo options forever (even if everyone is just copying him now).

Small businesses have growing pains. Like others have said some people learn to work through them and others just give up. I hope Adrian keeps strong and sticks with it. I am posting this not as a dig but just as my opinion/free advice. I think you have a couple of really good products that are in high demand as you know. I think it is time to invest in some supply chain management, customer service, and focus a little on the products that are working best for you. If you come out with too many great products all at once and you can't even keep up with the small demand from this level, it will only get worse with more demand. Just my .02 cents

Keep up the good work
Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg85 View Post
You might want to think about being able to handle the orders you have now before getting strung out with other offerings. I understand trying to stay afloat, but you are working towards a bad reputation. You really need to get organized or people are gonna go elsewhere. You have a good thing, if you don't want a full business, stick to a couple key items and focus more on customer service.

This is the thing I hate most with small businesses, great product, but the owner gets too over reached and disorganized that it winds up pissing everyone off and they take their business elsewhere.

I'm not taking a jab at you but if this is something you really love doing, then take some time off and get your timelines more part time and less a cobbled mess.
I appreciate your opinion and am in the process of getting things straighten out with orders, but have stated that good center housings are hard to come by, and made plans to fix that also. Continuing on new develop products is not that time consuming, since I only plan on putting four out there for testing before I offer anyone that option. I do agree that I have to straighten out time and that is also in the works. Bottom line is I wanted to reassure members and customers that I'm aware of things not working right and will be fixing them. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Premium Member

takes a big man/great company to come on here and talk about problems... I have followed other posts by other vendors who have edited/moved threads, lied, ignored problems etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.