MADMAX development:: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 218 Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MADMAX development::

Just got the new compressor wheels in for the Madmax turbo. The turbo will be based off the powermax, will be a completely new turbo no core needed. The compressor wheel measures 66mm/88ish with extended tips. There is more to the wheel then what it apprears, but not saying what, fact is not even saying the exducer size as of now. It is a flowing monster and hoping that the 10blade powermax turbine will be enough to spin the compressor effectively. I will be doing other things to the turbo to make it special. The wheels were custom made for me and I have exclusive contract with the supplier. No one has ever made this wheel in the size that I have VGT or Non VGT. I will be putting up 190cc injectors for development, when I can get those injectors to work then 175 will not be a problem. The main thing is a fast spooling turbo.

I don't have a problem sharing facts on turbines, yes Garrett won't sell their VGT wheels separately. I however have other plans going on that of course I will be the only one to access the options. Now that I have had shops trying to get into what I do, I will have to keep a lot of the things I have coming under wraps. I not have been hanging out not doing anything about it, I will be hard at it to make the better turbos that I have already built. Only difference is I won't be sharing the measurement of the parts I will be using. Thanks and I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

2004 F250 Ext.cab fabtech 5.5" lift,and traction bars 35" on 18".2005-2007 grill and LED headlights,58v FICM, Warren dual HPOP system, fuel reg. return system, areo 1000a fuel pump, dual fuel filters, ARP studded heads, CCV reroute, EGR delete, 225/75 Warren injectors, water/meth injection (cooling mist),SCT tuner with customs, banks intercooler. MTW stage 4 turbo, built trans by Andy Warren, 4:10 Detroit lockers.
post #2 of 218 Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 PM

YEAH!

Can't wait to blow the doors off my Buddies and their Goats

Keep it up and keep 'em guessing.

MaDmAx for the Win.

D

2005 CC SB 147K
MTW MaDmAx 68mm VGT
Warren Diesel 175/75's Super Spools N Drew's Tunes
VXCF9CA TQCI1NB
SCT A101706100004F6C
VIN FTSW21P65EB08535
ARP's - MBRP T-Back Kitty Del.
ICON 4.5" + 2" Spacer
Mickey T's Baja ATZ P3 37's
METHOD Racing Wheels 20x
ScanGauge II / RedHead Box
Snow Perf. Stg. II W/ Banks Intercooler
Bulletproof EGR Del. & External Filter
ELC Coolant & Sin. Coolant Filter
AMP Steps & ARE Cover W/ Bed Slide
post #3 of 218 Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
YEAH!

Can't wait to blow the doors off my Buddies and their Goats

Keep it up and keep 'em guessing.

MaDmAx for the Win.

D
Yours will be coming to you soon for testing Denny, thanks for standing by me, and have a lot more things coming to you.

2004 F250 Ext.cab fabtech 5.5" lift,and traction bars 35" on 18".2005-2007 grill and LED headlights,58v FICM, Warren dual HPOP system, fuel reg. return system, areo 1000a fuel pump, dual fuel filters, ARP studded heads, CCV reroute, EGR delete, 225/75 Warren injectors, water/meth injection (cooling mist),SCT tuner with customs, banks intercooler. MTW stage 4 turbo, built trans by Andy Warren, 4:10 Detroit lockers.
post #4 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 AM
XL trash...

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Agreed... can't wait to see what comes of this. As I want someone to rework my Pmax.

Chris- 2006 XL F250 44 LBCC, the "Don Schula express"..

Holder's 190/30s, custom reg return, 6.7 pump fuel system, custom built Amsoil oil bypass, custom ported intake and custom stage 2 GT4088 turbo, all built by me, BD diesel up-pipes and manifolds , Coolingmist methanol injection, studded, PMF traction Bars, deleted and oringed heads with some BPD goodies... with some love from Loxdce
post #5 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 AM

News Alert.............. Tire Mfg's Support MTW!!!!

d

2005 CC SB 147K
MTW MaDmAx 68mm VGT
Warren Diesel 175/75's Super Spools N Drew's Tunes
VXCF9CA TQCI1NB
SCT A101706100004F6C
VIN FTSW21P65EB08535
ARP's - MBRP T-Back Kitty Del.
ICON 4.5" + 2" Spacer
Mickey T's Baja ATZ P3 37's
METHOD Racing Wheels 20x
ScanGauge II / RedHead Box
Snow Perf. Stg. II W/ Banks Intercooler
Bulletproof EGR Del. & External Filter
ELC Coolant & Sin. Coolant Filter
AMP Steps & ARE Cover W/ Bed Slide
post #6 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
Just got the new compressor wheels in for the Madmax turbo. The turbo will be based off the powermax, will be a completely new turbo no core needed. The compressor wheel measures 66mm/88ish with extended tips. There is more to the wheel then what it apprears, but not saying what, fact is not even saying the exducer size as of now. It is a flowing monster and hoping that the 10blade powermax turbine will be enough to spin the compressor effectively. I will be doing other things to the turbo to make it special. The wheels were custom made for me and I have exclusive contract with the supplier. No one has ever made this wheel in the size that I have VGT or Non VGT. I will be putting up 190cc injectors for development, when I can get those injectors to work then 175 will not be a problem. The main thing is a fast spooling turbo.

I don't have a problem sharing facts on turbines, yes Garrett won't sell their VGT wheels separately. I however have other plans going on that of course I will be the only one to access the options. Now that I have had shops trying to get into what I do, I will have to keep a lot of the things I have coming under wraps. I not have been hanging out not doing anything about it, I will be hard at it to make the better turbos that I have already built. Only difference is I won't be sharing the measurement of the parts I will be using. Thanks and I will keep everyone updated on the progress.
Very cool Adrian!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
News Alert.............. Tire Mfg's Support MTW!!!!

d
Do what?

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #7 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm quite curious about these. I have 175/30's, I'd definitely be willing to be a guinea pig. I'll call you shortly to talk more about details.

Also, what are you doing for tuning one of these? Did I understand that you already have one of these on a truck with 190's? I'd be very curious about spool up time and egt's and all...like everyone else on here, lol. Anyway, good luck Adrian. Glad to see continued innovation, hope it works out.

2005 F-250 Harley Davidson Edition

Warren 205/75 Injectors
KC Turbo 71mm VGT
Twisted Diesel Level 3 Transmission/PI Converter
AFE Intercooler/Flexalite Fans/Mishimoto Radiator
Icon 4 Link, 37" Nitto's
SSBC 6 piston calipers
Yukon 4.30's, Detroit Locker

Machining the 6.0:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...ine-6-0-a.html
post #8 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM

how much will these flow? anywhere close to a billet 66/73/.83 or billet 66/73/.91?

studded, stacked,chipped

trans, turbo, tire and injectors??
post #9 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 08:04 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The question is going to be what turbine wheel to match up with this billet wheel. This should have no problem outflowing the 366 (depending on the turbine wheel used of course). However, between the options mentioned, I would say it should be around the 66/73/.83 one.

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME
BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
WWW.WPEDIESEL.COM

post #10 of 218 Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
XL trash...

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shoot I want to be a Guinea pig on this. My powermax is brand new, only been on a month! Just got a billet wheel last weekend. I'll let you cut on it!

Chris- 2006 XL F250 44 LBCC, the "Don Schula express"..

Holder's 190/30s, custom reg return, 6.7 pump fuel system, custom built Amsoil oil bypass, custom ported intake and custom stage 2 GT4088 turbo, all built by me, BD diesel up-pipes and manifolds , Coolingmist methanol injection, studded, PMF traction Bars, deleted and oringed heads with some BPD goodies... with some love from Loxdce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode