MADMAX development:: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MADMAX development::

Just got the new compressor wheels in for the Madmax turbo. The turbo will be based off the powermax, will be a completely new turbo no core needed. The compressor wheel measures 66mm/88ish with extended tips. There is more to the wheel then what it apprears, but not saying what, fact is not even saying the exducer size as of now. It is a flowing monster and hoping that the 10blade powermax turbine will be enough to spin the compressor effectively. I will be doing other things to the turbo to make it special. The wheels were custom made for me and I have exclusive contract with the supplier. No one has ever made this wheel in the size that I have VGT or Non VGT. I will be putting up 190cc injectors for development, when I can get those injectors to work then 175 will not be a problem. The main thing is a fast spooling turbo.

I don't have a problem sharing facts on turbines, yes Garrett won't sell their VGT wheels separately. I however have other plans going on that of course I will be the only one to access the options. Now that I have had shops trying to get into what I do, I will have to keep a lot of the things I have coming under wraps. I not have been hanging out not doing anything about it, I will be hard at it to make the better turbos that I have already built. Only difference is I won't be sharing the measurement of the parts I will be using. Thanks and I will keep everyone updated on the progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

YEAH!

Can't wait to blow the doors off my Buddies and their Goats

Keep it up and keep 'em guessing.

MaDmAx for the Win.

D
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
YEAH!

Can't wait to blow the doors off my Buddies and their Goats

Keep it up and keep 'em guessing.

MaDmAx for the Win.

D
Yours will be coming to you soon for testing Denny, thanks for standing by me, and have a lot more things coming to you.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 AM
...swamp trash...

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Agreed... can't wait to see what comes of this. As I want someone to rework my Pmax.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 AM

News Alert.............. Tire Mfg's Support MTW!!!!

d
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
Just got the new compressor wheels in for the Madmax turbo. The turbo will be based off the powermax, will be a completely new turbo no core needed. The compressor wheel measures 66mm/88ish with extended tips. There is more to the wheel then what it apprears, but not saying what, fact is not even saying the exducer size as of now. It is a flowing monster and hoping that the 10blade powermax turbine will be enough to spin the compressor effectively. I will be doing other things to the turbo to make it special. The wheels were custom made for me and I have exclusive contract with the supplier. No one has ever made this wheel in the size that I have VGT or Non VGT. I will be putting up 190cc injectors for development, when I can get those injectors to work then 175 will not be a problem. The main thing is a fast spooling turbo.

I don't have a problem sharing facts on turbines, yes Garrett won't sell their VGT wheels separately. I however have other plans going on that of course I will be the only one to access the options. Now that I have had shops trying to get into what I do, I will have to keep a lot of the things I have coming under wraps. I not have been hanging out not doing anything about it, I will be hard at it to make the better turbos that I have already built. Only difference is I won't be sharing the measurement of the parts I will be using. Thanks and I will keep everyone updated on the progress.
Very cool Adrian!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel angus View Post
News Alert.............. Tire Mfg's Support MTW!!!!

d
Do what?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm quite curious about these. I have 175/30's, I'd definitely be willing to be a guinea pig. I'll call you shortly to talk more about details.

Also, what are you doing for tuning one of these? Did I understand that you already have one of these on a truck with 190's? I'd be very curious about spool up time and egt's and all...like everyone else on here, lol. Anyway, good luck Adrian. Glad to see continued innovation, hope it works out.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM

how much will these flow? anywhere close to a billet 66/73/.83 or billet 66/73/.91?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:04 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The question is going to be what turbine wheel to match up with this billet wheel. This should have no problem outflowing the 366 (depending on the turbine wheel used of course). However, between the options mentioned, I would say it should be around the 66/73/.83 one.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
...swamp trash...

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shoot I want to be a Guinea pig on this. My powermax is brand new, only been on a month! Just got a billet wheel last weekend. I'll let you cut on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.