Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

track times and setups

6K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  RollinEarly99 
#1 ·
So lets just get this out here for fun! Who's been to the track with their 6.0? what was your 1/4mile time? what mods? what tires/gears?

vgt, non vgt, twins, NOS dont matter just make sure to post it

#2 ·
This could be a fun thread. Ok here goes the timeline of my truck since I bought it in 2010. I only have 1/8th mile track close so that's what the times will be.

Bone stock CCSB w/ Micky Mouse tires - 10.44
Added a Superchip and 4" exhaust - 9.19 (amazing improvement)
Added 35" tires and 20" wheels - 9.35
Added EGR delete and SCT w/ looney tune - 8.92
Added 155cc injectors w/ stock nozzles - 8.81
Added studs, AD2, and SPD w/ early lockup - 8.60
Added MTW hybrid, S&B, FICM tuner on Hercules, warren built trans - 8.58

Seemed like I was on a roll until that last trip to the track :dunno:

#3 ·
2003 F-250 ecsb 4x4 3.73 and 265/75-16's. Factory egr and headbolts, the only 2 mods are sct w/looney and 4" mbrp straight pipe. I have only been to the track once with this truck and it ran a 13.9 @ 97 with an 8.8 1/8th. I had a bad 60' time and I could probably shake ~200 lbs off of it. I hope to go back in the next couple of weeks after I put her on a diet and load the atlas 40 ficm tune. Hoping for 13.7's or better.

#5 ·
:popcorn2:

#8 ·
That's freakin moving!! I know I've raced plenty of people and when I tell them I have little 155cc injectors they can't believe it. I'm also curious of what your new setup will run

#7 ·
I went 13.8 with an SRL tune and a 4" straight pipe on 35s. That number could be better if I wasn't running at 4000ft.

Karl

#13 ·
#16 ·
Did you get a chance to compare your other tunes on the track? Or did you just run the SRLxx?

#15 ·
FYI, the NHRA conversion factor from ⅛ to ¼ mile is 1.56. So, 9.0 (⅛th mile) x 1.56 = 14.04. It's not exact, but it gives you a rough idea.

Karl

#22 ·
That's quick for your mods... Especially for a 2wd!

#23 ·
I'd like to see what my Ex would run. August long weekend they shut down the airport in a small town up here and run races all weekend. I'd love to take the truck down and find out but I end up working every year.

Anyway.... Sub'd :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 · (Edited)
I don't have a legit time because of bad spinning and blowing boots BUT, I back halfed a 1/4 at 110 mph (over a 15 sec ET :look:). that's a 12.0 + or - trap speed. I bought ^^^^ that guys slicks so I would hope for maybe mid high 11's with a good pass fuel only??

#34 ·
already spent your money on jgs bov and i so exiced i cant wait its gonna be tits!!!

#28 ·
^^^^ that's awesome man! If you get to the track anytime soon you should post a video. :thumb:

#32 ·
What mods do you have? Stock gears? Fuel only or spray?

#38 ·
Eh, guess I'll be the slow one of the bunch here. I ticked off a miserable 15.3 with a 2.5 60ft the one time I was able to go down the 1/4. List of excuses for such a time are track prep (two wrecks that night), a failed FICM (dropped to 42 volts halfway down the track, had 10 CEL codes afterwards), and me not brake boosting nearly hard enough off the line.

Hope to do better next time!

Truck and mods are in my sig

#44 ·
Nice, looking forward to them! You going to do a shot of the rear end like before? Makes for an interesting POV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.