Need Help!!! Which to buy?!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help!!! Which to buy?!!

I have read through this forum and throughout the Internet and have found pro's and con's for all but want some opinions on which one I should choose.

I will be purchasing one of these set-ups tomorrow but I'm unsure which...

PHP Gryphon FICM Programmer-Love the idea of tuning the FICM and its advantages with throttle response, mpg's and of course power. No EGT Probe or dash kit but 400 bucks

Edge Evolution CS-Love the color screen and tuning options. Like the options for keeping an eye on your truck and customizable features. No egt or dash kit and 500. Maybe 40 bucks cheaper at 459.

(Used) Edge Juice w/ attitude CS-Like everything like the above option but haven't found any additional options other than shift on the fly that separates itself from the evolution cs. This used kit comes with a pillar pod, egt kit and everything else it came with new. 500-550 bucks.... I also have heard bad things about the juice with attitude but don't know it centered around the earlier model.

I'm looking to spend around 500 bucks so any other ideas other than these 3 are appreciated but I'm purchasing tomorrow so any input would help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sct programmer. I think the livewire sct which is also a monitor is like 500 or 600 but its everything a programmer and monitor. Don't tune with anything but a sct prodoct they are the best
Old 07-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SCT with custom tunes!!! And a monitor solution!!

What to look for when buying used SCT for 6.0

Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 AM

I will eventually buy the SCT x3, but for now want to have gauges but would also like some basic canned tunes for the time being. I mainly want my FICM tuned down the road with a small to moderate ECM tune and thats why I thought a canned tune with a FICM tune down the road might work.

At this point, I've narrowed it down to the PHP FICM Programmer(Evolution Programmer) w/ 4 FICM tunes and Dash Pod for 450 or Edge Evolution CS w/ 5 canned tunes and dash pod for 510.

With the idea that a SCT x3 will be purchased in the future, what are you guys thoughts on these two systems?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You keep referring the the Edge Evolution, which is a programmer and tuner. If your just wanting a monitor, then you want to look at the Edge Insight. The Evolution is "ok", but for the same price or less, you can get the best (more options/tunes) for your 6.0.

If you plan on going with a SCT X3, then it can only run custom tunes. The SCT SF3 holds canned and custom tunes.

The SCT canned tunes aren't bad, but custom tunes are much better.

You need to make a decision on which way you want to go, either a tuner/monitor in one unit, like the SCT Livewire TS.

You can also go with a separate tuner and monitor. The SCT X3 is popular, and only holds custom tunes. The SCT SF3 holds canned and custom tunes. Then use the X3/SF3 with a monitor like Edge Insight CS/CTS, ScangaugeII, DashBoss for iPad/Itouch/iPhone, or Torque for Android based tablet/phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.