SCT Custom Tuning? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Custom Tuning?

I have a question about the custom tunes. I have both Dj's and Innovatives tunes and love them. I would like to know how these tunes are made. They use the same program how different can the tunes be. What is one dealer doing different than the other. What do each of the tunes do to the motor and tranny? And how do each of them test the tunes. On a dyno? Street?

I know they kind of give a brief description of what the tune is best for but they dont really say what the tune is actually doing and why. I would also like to know which ones are better for the motor and tranny and why?

I know they are designed to make more power, but what is it they are tuning on the motor to make it run so different from stock. Its amazing how much power you get from these thing I just want to know why. I guess what im getting at is that I would like to see a better decription of the tunes and what adjustments I can make with them to better my truck.
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 08:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
from what I heard and have experienced, Eric is a little nicer on his trans shifting points. I never really read into it much more then that. Both make power, since your running both how do you compare the two?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal03PS View Post
I have a question about the custom tunes. I have both Dj's and Innovatives tunes and love them. I would like to know how these tunes are made. They use the same program how different can the tunes be. What is one dealer doing different than the other. What do each of the tunes do to the motor and tranny? And how do each of them test the tunes. On a dyno? Street?

I know they kind of give a brief description of what the tune is best for but they dont really say what the tune is actually doing and why. I would also like to know which ones are better for the motor and tranny and why?

I know they are designed to make more power, but what is it they are tuning on the motor to make it run so different from stock. Its amazing how much power you get from these thing I just want to know why. I guess what im getting at is that I would like to see a better decription of the tunes and what adjustments I can make with them to better my truck.
thanks.
You would be absolutely amazed at how many parameters are adjustable w/the SCT Advantage software. Don't quote me on this but as I recall there are over 200 (closer to 300 I think) different adjustable parameters on the 6.0 which would leave a virtually infinite number of custom tunes that could be created.

Each vendor has their on way of achieving an end result but their choices of getting there (race tune, street tune, economy tune, etc) can very greatly by their personal preference an/or experience. Maybe DJ/Viv or Eric (or one of his buds) will chime in w/ more details pertaining to your more specific questions.

Stay Tuned
Amp

Last edited by 20046.0PSDX; 04-28-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:17 PM

Yeah that would be great I just think we need a little more info on whats going on with these tunes to achieve what they have.

I think that everyone has different needs then it comes to there truck and would just like to see the parameter options. Im not saying that the tunes I have are not enough either. Cause there sweet.

I think if you have 200 or 300 prameters then there should be more tunes to choose from and basically explain what each one is doing differently. Basically tunes that suit you. Each one of my tunes are different. From the way they shift, and egt's to boost and power at different speeds. I love em all..Im tune happy and want more. As im sure the rest of you do to....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.