Comparing Innovative's Xtreme Street and DJ's Looney Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Comparing Innovative's Xtreme Street and DJ's Looney Tunes

Hello Everybody,
Just did a very unscientific comparison between Xtreme Street and Looney tunes. First off let me say they are both great!
The Xtreme Street will boost up to 30 but...my sotp meter tells me that the Looney feels faster... however the Looney only boosted to 21.
So I don't know what to make of that. I can say to any newb's like myself that are thinking of getting an SCT with custom tunes- DO IT! It's more fun than you should be allowed to have. Oh, and if you are trying to decide which custom tuner to go with, I have very limited experience in the matter (I only have Innovative and DJ tunes) but I can say-Try both (or more) Don't be cheap- you have a $40,000+ truck- spend the $50 or so each on a couple of different tunes. You won't regret it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would say the Looney felt faster because you were running the Xtreme Street. I think if you threw the Xtreme Race tune on there it would be a different story. Although I am only going off of what I read on the forum. I started out with Eric's tunes and have never had the need to try anyone else.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know what you mean.
Me- I can't leave well enough alone- I always have to try something else-although A LOT of times that has come to bite me in the butt.
So the Looney and The Xtreme Street are not exactly comparable?
I did not know that. They both seem to be great tunes- I would probably feel a little more confident on running both a little harder if I had head studs and (I know it's stupid to not have one already) an EGT gauge. I do have an EGT/Boost gauge on order from Westach- but it is back ordered for about 4-6wks.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:59 PM

Well they are comparable, but from my understanding the Looney is pretty much the extreme file that DJ sells. And for Eric that would be the Xtreme Race file.

They are both excellent from what I have heard. Don't feel bad, I do not have Head Studs either, but hopefully that will be taken care of soon.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Premium Member

i have a dj's tune on mine....and it seems to run harder on the street smoke tune than it does on the loony tune
Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've run the Xtreme Street tune for about a week now, the Looney tune for only a couple of hours today. I think I will run the Xtreme Street as a daily driver-and the Looney more often once I get my EGT gauge onboard.
Ran into a little snag though-when I went to reload my Xtreme Street tune (after reverting back to stock) I get an "error 1039 invalid binary type" message.
Which is weird because it worked yesterday and earlier today- still lets me revert back and forth to stock and load my Looney and tow tunes-just not the Xtreme Street?!? Whats up with that?
Old 04-26-2008, 01:06 AM

It's possible that the file corrupted. Try reloading the file from your computer back onto the SCT and then reload it into the truck. If you still have problems give Eric@Innovative a shout. He'll get your tune straightened out.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 PM

It is hard to compare the extreme street to the extreme race. I pull 35#'s of boost w/ extreme race and it runs hard. When I got the race I did not think there would be much diffrence, boy was I wrong. I use Eric's race file as a daily driver and as long as I keep my foot out of it I can get 17mpg and blow the doors off of rice grinders.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think I will try Innovative's Xtreme Race tune as well. I will wait until I get my EGT gauge installed, though. I liked the Looney tune when driving at speeds under 70-75 mph- faster than that, it felt like the rpm were getting too high- I did see the boost gauge on the Livewire get to 25psi at one point yesterday when running Looney.
Like I said I always have to try something new-never satisfied.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjyokel View Post
The Xtreme Street will boost up to 30 but...my sotp meter tells me that the Looney feels faster... however the Looney only boosted to 21.
So I don't know what to make of that.

Thats quite a spread in boost levels for two files with similar power levels. A little off topic perhaps, but how are those power levels made with lower boost levels. Are the lower boost levels safer for our 6.0's.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.