S&B...Check - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S&B...Check

So, I got this itch the other night that while changing my oil, I was going to do something else. Living close by to Diesel Manor, I sent David and email asking if he had an S&B intake I could pick up, sent me a reply, so I went on my merry little way, made a detour from my errand I had to run over towards his neck of the woods, picked up my S&B intake, and installed it....I have not driven far enough to begin comparing mileage (Ill follow up in a couple weeks, after a couple tanks) but it definitely opens the truck up, just a lil bit and just enough to hear the turbo scream and the V8 roar!
makes for a tight fit under the hood, but after trimming some hood liner, the hood closes...you hafta try sometimes, but it closes. probably the only negative ive seen in just a few hours.
+1 on the cool sound factor, well see if the gains pay off down the road.
pics soon to come, when daylight arrives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 08:55 PM

You had to trim? Really? Mine fit 100% perfectly.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:02 PM

yeah, i stuck my hand down under the filter housing, and its flush to the base but also, the clear cover fit awkward, had to do one screw and only a couple turns of the screw at a time while twisting and turning it to line up holes...im assuming its the plastic moldings not being exact with EVERY produced model
Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhite6oh View Post
yeah, i stuck my hand down under the filter housing, and its flush to the base but also, the clear cover fit awkward, had to do one screw and only a couple turns of the screw at a time while twisting and turning it to line up holes...im assuming its the plastic moldings not being exact with EVERY produced model
Well that sorta sucks. That's one of the things I loved so much about mine is it went together flawlessly and went in just as well Glad you like it though. Doesn't it sound amazing?! I dunno about a 6.0 but MAN it sounds sweet in a 7.3!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
Well that sorta sucks. That's one of the things I loved so much about mine is it went together flawlessly and went in just as well Glad you like it though. Doesn't it sound amazing?! I dunno about a 6.0 but MAN it sounds sweet in a 7.3!
im going to try and get a vid tomorrow, camera is low quality unfortunately, but yes, my screaming 03 went up 4 points on the cool factor. and, with my custom tunes, i also run the turbo/jake brake function which from highway speeds sounds like "big" truck now
Old 04-24-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhite6oh View Post
im going to try and get a vid tomorrow, camera is low quality unfortunately, but yes, my screaming 03 went up 4 points on the cool factor. and, with my custom tunes, i also run the turbo/jake brake function which from highway speeds sounds like "big" truck now
oh boy (covers ears) Just kidding (cups ears)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.