Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wildman Tune Street vs Extreme

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aretoo 
#1 ·
I need some opinions, here is my dilemma. I just got my head gaskets and studs put in and was looking to get a studded tune. I was going to go with a Wildman tune due to the fact that they have been getting such good reviews on here. Twice I have been to his site and had the Street tune picked out but I could not pull the trigger knowing that I was leaving HP on the table with the extreme tune.

What are the horsepower differences in the Street vs Extreme tune. I use my truck as a daily driver. I wont be towing on this tune. I also have Atlas 40 on the FICM. The reason I was going with the Street was because it is my daily driver and I was looking for reliability. I have a medical condition that sometimes causes me to loose control of my right foot and I don't want it to beat it up too much. How much MPG am I going to lose by going with a street tune over the extreme. Just for reference I have SRL for non-studded non my truck right now and I love it.

Thanks for the help and opinions.

#2 ·
I have only tried his X tune and I love it. I'm averaging 16mpg mixed driving with it and I also suffer from heavy right foot syndrome. Hopefully someone who has tried both can chime for ya.

#3 ·
Aretoo... I have the Atlas 40 and both of those tunes. The only difference is I am not studded and had Tony tune the Extreme for my Powermax. Pre Pmax and PHP Gryphon however, I ran the Street tune. My truck had incredibly great manners around town and no lightswitch effect on the freeway, EGTs never really got past a 1000 at WOT. So when the Pmax came about, it of coarse needed the proper tuning, so I hit Tony up for the Extreme tune a little smokey, takes off like a bat out of hell when you when you give her the wood, and I don't know how to describe it, but my truck seems responsive whenever I hammer it from any speed... After adding the Atlas 40, it definitely more smokey but the throttle response, acceleration is awesome. MPGs are about 16 on the highway with the Extreme then again my set up is different. Spoiled by the Extreme, I am just going to run that, if I am easy on the throttle, I don't blow lots of smoke in town in stop and go traffic. I just got a billet wheel for my Pmax, so hopefully some of the smoke and EGTs will drop, it's going in as soon as I get done typing. Oh, and I also found that I like the shifting on both tunes, a little firmer than stock but not too aggressive. My advice...try them both, they are only $40 a piece, so why not?

#4 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. Exactly what I was looking for.

I will find out soon enough. I placed my order for Street last night. I figured I would start at Street cause it would probably be hard to go backwards. By 10am today I had an e-mail with a tune in my inbox, on a Sunday no less. If his tune is half as good as his customer service I will be impressed.

Only question is that I ordered street but the file he sent me has the file name extreme. I don't know if he just used a extreme base file and changed it to run more like street or if I got the extreme tune. To be honest I don't really care since I was on the fence about which to get.

Now if I can only get home to load it up to my SCT, I am stuck at work till tomorrow am.

Thanks again for your input.

#5 ·
Just a word of Caution, he may take some time to get back to you with the tunes. So dont expect normal service, loved his tunes though.. bought a three pack, someone stole my sct got a new one... cant use em right now since they have the other devices serial, but they ran great!

#6 ·
I realized when I ordered that there would most likely be a delay due to his recent loss. That is why I was so surprised when he sent me the tune this afternoon. I ordered on Sat evening and it was in my inbox this morning. Can not wait to try it out! Will definitely post up a review when I get a chance to try it out tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.