Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what tune to run?

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  fordmugg 
#1 ·
So I have the xcal3 with tunes from dj's economy,tow,street,looney..I would like your opinion on what to run I use my truck for work. I tow a 3500 pound texture rig with tools in the bed and after work nothing so what would be good to run all the time?....I am running economy right now but I was thinking should I run tow all the time and also how does tow run without towing anything and info would be great thanks

#2 ·
I personally would run the street tune for a lil more power and better mpgs... That small of a load shouldn hurt anythin on that tune

#7 ·
Well I guess I should give them both a try because the economy is kind of week next to the other ones

#10 ·
I should be getting guages next week...that's also why I'm only running economy right now

#11 ·
I would run economy until you get your gauges, then try a street tune and see how it gets. I think you will be fine with the street towing, but gauges just make sure.

BTW I run my Wild Looney 24/7 and LOVE it!!! :sct:

#12 ·
Yeah I tried the street and looney tune for fun and I could see how you need guages they put some crazy power in the truck...I love it..just need guages before I really run them as a daily driver

#13 ·

#14 ·
or

#15 ·
The top one is more like me (the bigger smile)

#16 ·
I run my truck daily on Street Looney and love it. I switch to tow tune while towing though so I dont blow anything up. I agree with everybody, you definitely need to get gauges before you go too crazy, it is amazing how quick your EGT's go up.

#18 ·
..I know I tried street and looneys and did a couple burn outs around the block but then I went back to econo untill I get guages .....but ill tell you what its is fun as hell

#17 · (Edited)
I have no gauges (I know I should install a pyrometer but I dont want to....afraid of the install.....junking up the truck.) Wondering if it is ok to run looney on the highway with no gauges

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.