BPD let me down???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 05:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BPD let me down????

As you may or may not know Ive been a bit concerned with my EOT. You can read all about that here-http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/458058-05-grill-ideas.html
And now today I find out that Bullet Proof Diesel has worked on and is now selling-There are two types of coolers for the Bullet Proof Engine Oil Cooler System:
Heavy Duty cooling is best suited for low-geared F350 Dually, F450 and F550's or those that tow often or heavy. The heavy duty cooler is a $150 upgrade over the standard duty cooler.

Standard Duty cooling is great for F250 and SRW F350 chassis.
^^^This was copy/pasted straight from there site.

Maybe Im way off base,but I just installed the total BPD oil cooler set up in October. You cant tell me that in October they didnt already know there might be a issue with the low geared F350 drw trucks and there cooler set up.
So now Ive already bought and installed a new grille thinking I had bad air flow issues. And it looks like now Ill be buying the upgraded cooler.
I dont know maybe be off base with this but I feel like BPD kinda let me down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
BPD should have had some kind of announcement on their website That they were working on an HD kit. That way ppl that were on the fence, or doing it for preventative measures would know something was going on.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:06 AM

Upside is I always di want to do the bypass filter and that would be a great time for it. And it will help them buy another Prius
Old 07-21-2013, 06:51 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I kinda agree when I did my build 6k ago I wish I would have know bdp was coming out with a new oil cooler cause I would have went that way instead of a new oem
Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 AM

Maybe they could offer an "upgrade" kit for people that already have the existing kit?
Old 07-21-2013, 07:43 AM

It's all about the money for BPD. Like any other company in the business of selling products.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

I still wonder if there's something going on with your truck. The highest my eot has ever gotten was in the 220's.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach65 View Post
It's all about the money for BPD. Like any other company in the business of selling products.
I'm going to disagree with this here. BPD cares a HELL OF A LOT more about the products they sell than just making money. You can tell this if you've ever bought anything from them such as their oil cooling kit. The quality of these kits is second to NONE. Now whether or not it was right of BPD to not post up anything about their "HD cooler" is TOTALLY debatable.

I personally am of the opinion that it doesn't do really any good to announce that you're "working" on developing something new and improved because then you end up like Diesel Site, over 8 years after a truck is released and now discontinued with two different diesels released, and still no "upgraded" HPOP. Does Diesel Site care more about their products than BPD?? I would argue that they don't. I believe both companies care a great deal, it is just that BPD chose to not say anything about it.

My recommendation to the OP would be to call Ken or Neal and see what they can do you for you. I know that they are both AWESOME guys to deal with. Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
As you may or may not know Ive been a bit concerned with my EOT. You can read all about that here-http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/458058-05-grill-ideas.html
And now today I find out that Bullet Proof Diesel has worked on and is now selling-There are two types of coolers for the Bullet Proof Engine Oil Cooler System:
Heavy Duty cooling is best suited for low-geared F350 Dually, F450 and F550's or those that tow often or heavy. The heavy duty cooler is a $150 upgrade over the standard duty cooler.

Standard Duty cooling is great for F250 and SRW F350 chassis.
^^^This was copy/pasted straight from there site.

Maybe Im way off base,but I just installed the total BPD oil cooler set up in October. You cant tell me that in October they didnt already know there might be a issue with the low geared F350 drw trucks and there cooler set up.
So now Ive already bought and installed a new grille thinking I had bad air flow issues. And it looks like now Ill be buying the upgraded cooler.
I dont know maybe be off base with this but I feel like BPD kinda let me down.
If you have air flow issues, an upgraded cooler may or may not help. There's a lot of variables and it may require a combination of changes. I did just read the thread about your EOT concerns you linked and it sounds like the new grill resolved your issues. Is there a reason you're still considering buying the upgraded cooler? I'm guessing you'd like to go back to the grill you just replaced, and if that's true then I'll ask you to reference my first sentence again.

Have you already contacted Bulletproof Diesel and told them about your concerns?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach65 View Post

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Please tell me what you're basing this statement on. It's been the exact opposite in all of my personal dealings with Bulletproof Diesel and 99.99% of those that I've heard about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.