Looking for tuning? Look no further! Eric is the man! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for tuning? Look no further! Eric is the man!

So my truck had the blue smoke blues and I just knew it had to be a bad turbo seal. So i talked to the cfo about our options (03 turbo, rebuild, oem Garrett, Powermax, MTW etc. I explained it all to her) and she said, "Just make sure you fix it right." So instead of rebuilding the turbo or buying an 03 turbo, I decided on a Powermax with an MTW single plane billet wheel. All the horror stories that I have heard about lag without tuning forced me to bite the bullet and buy a tuner and I am so glad I did.
I still have TTY head bolts so i was very hesistant to tune the truck, but after a couple of emails to Eric at Innovative Diesel, I was confident that he would take care of me. He did just that and not even 3 days later I had a brown truck coming up my drive with a box full of horsepower, torque, and the cure for a laggy Powermax. I really appreciate all the help that Innovative Diesel gave me, especially Eric. The customer service there is awesome. They have earned a lifelong customer. If youre kicking the idea around, just give them a call or shoot them an email. Eric emailed me back within like 20 minutes every time. Awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just received my Livewire from Innovative today. Hooked it up to read the strategy(vxcf9h7). Need to call them tomorrow for the custom tunes. I'm fairly excited.

From what I've seen/read, Eric does a great job.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Premium Member

Let me know what you think of the Live wire. I was considering it but went with the X3

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry, but you have one tune from one vendor. What is your reference for comparison? There are a number of tuners out there writing great tunes. Some tunes run better on some trucks than others. Limiting yourself to one tuner is like eating oatmeal for breakfast every day and saying it's the best thing going. Any tune will seem light years better than stock. That doesn't mean you have the ultimate tune.

Not to say Eric doesn't write a good tune, and live tuning may be one of the best but his mail order tunes have never been the best on my truck.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Premium Member

My post was about the quality and helpfulness of innovative diesel and their staff, specifically Eric. I never said anything of the quality of the tunes or more specifically this ultimate tune that you speak of. As a matter of fact, I haven't even loaded any tunes yet so I couldn't tell you if they suck or rock. But I can tell you that with the way Innovative treated me, I'm sure if there's a problem, they will help me lock it down and fix it. I will try other tunes from other vendors. But again, for my lack of knowledge on the programming side, I appreciate the way they took the time to explain it all and walk me through the process. And Oatmeal is bomb

Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Sorry, but you have one tune from one vendor. What is your reference for comparison? There are a number of tuners out there writing great tunes. Some tunes run better on some trucks than others. Limiting yourself to one tuner is like eating oatmeal for breakfast every day and saying it's the best thing going. Any tune will seem light years better than stock. That doesn't mean you have the ultimate tune.

Not to say Eric doesn't write a good tune, and live tuning may be one of the best but his mail order tunes have never been the best on my truck.
I went with idps sf3 and when I bought it the tunes where good but bill had tuned my other 2 trucks I ran idps tunes with the 3015id for like 6 months it's not a bad tune but there dd and bill dd are a world apart I switch to bills and haven't gone back since
Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Premium Member

Ok so I have run all tunes and they are great. The Extreme Street smokes a little more than I like when you get on it but that just means I'll have to adjust the right foot. Anyways, really pleased with the Tow tune. She handled 12,000 nice and easy.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to hear about a positive experiance. I've tried ID tunes and they were the least favorite of any I've tried. Also their customer service was the worst of the vendors I worked with. Did you ever actually talk to Eric in person? If not, give it a try - good luck. My experiance was years ago and I've heard it's gotten better, so I can't comment on their current operation, but as already mentioned, it's good to have a baseline for comparison.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 PM

I have dealt with all of the tuners except for Chris at TSD. I have had zero issues with nay of them but after I changed to non VGT turbos and plugged spill prt injectors I had better luck with Erics tunes. As far as customer service goes I have had Eric email me tunes at 9PM on a saturday before after swapping injectors and having a issue with the tune.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post

And this is PGreenSVT being a cranky old fart. Dang man let a guy be happy once in a while. He was just telling us of his experience. You shouldn't be so blue, Matlock will be on again tomorrow I promise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.