reliable place for 6.0 cylinder heads? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
reliable place for 6.0 cylinder heads?

Yes I used reliable and 6.0 heads in the same sentence.

Thanks to
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
We may have a winner.

I called them at 8am today and a nice guy named Mike answered. I proceeded to bombard him with questions. I got a lot of info so please excuse me if some is not 100% accurate.

Here is the skinny. $1850 (+shipping)for a pair of remans by them $700core.

He said they do 3-5 pair a week.

They do it all for the 6.0 heads, minus porting. They just have not had the time or demand to dabble with it, to know if it is worth it...yet.

They install their own valve guides and seats. He said they have some one else make them for them at 2000 piece batch orders. I feel like he told me they are made for them only.

How 'bout this...They also install full injector cups in the ones prone to cracking where the fuel gets into the coolant. So down the road if it does crack you should not get fuel in the coolant.

Double how 'bout this...They also cut o-rings and press wire in the grooves. I do not remember the thousands of protrusion in the end, but they have been doing this from day one and have had no issues thus far. You can get the heads with out the o-rings if you want, but there is a reason they are standard. These are not fire rings. He said fire rings are not good for daily driver reliability, maybe 100psi applications. He said after ten years Fire rings still keep changing the instructions.

Warranty? He said I do not know, I'll have to look that up. The only two warranty issues he knows of involved "walking"/"bent" valve stem?? He thinks the head was damaged between their shop and install. Not that this is the reason those heads had problems, but he said they were both self installers, not a shop used to installing heads. He thinks they may have been dropped.

He reiterated everything I have heard about ford remans with regard to poor finish machining and hardened seats cracking and so on. He said even cummins heads new, have "not the greatest" finishes either.

My 6.0 I just picked up this year has 150k miles has fuel in the coolant and pressure in the degas, no loss of coolant though. I was going to get a reman long block due to costs and the lack of perceived "reputable" or "reliable" cylinder head vendors out there and several other reasons not important hear, but.... I have to say I am considering going with this outfit now. I probably will wait to make my ultimate decision till after I pull the heads off and see how the bottom end looks.

Mike and crew are to busy to be current on the forums, I received his permission to divulge all our conversation on this forum. He did express concern about these Chinese castings stepping on the market. I gave him a brief on what I have read in the last six months regarding these anchors and the customer service (or lack off) clearwater has been providing. I think he feels better.

Anyone have any experiences with this outfit?

I'm sure peeps have had good luck with other head vendors out there, if you think you know of one that offers near what this company does for the price feel free to add, otherwise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I will throw out there that this is the shop that does the o-ring heads sold by Liberator Diesel. They have an outstanding reputation and I wouldn't hesitate to put a set of their heads on if I needed heads. It helps that they are less than 2 hrs from me as well.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I have a buddy who has been running these o-ringed heads on his for around 5 years give or take with no issues.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This may be the place I look to get me a set of heads from when I build me a motor here in the next year or so.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
I have a buddy who has been running these o-ringed heads on his for around 5 years give or take with no issues.
Not to hijack but do you know if they sell 6.4 heads?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04hdfatboy View Post
not sure give them a shout.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04hdfatboy View Post
Not 100 % sure but I don't see why they wouldn't. They do Cummins as well.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I will throw out there that this is the shop that does the o-ring heads sold by Liberator Diesel. They have an outstanding reputation and I wouldn't hesitate to put a set of their heads on if I needed heads. It helps that they are less than 2 hrs from me as well.
Just spoke with Liberator..

Interestingly they also offer NEW castings made in the U.S. they are castings for ford that they have machined to their specs. $3k

He made sure to let me know they were not the Chinese noodle heads!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

RCD I believe has some new 6.0 heads too if they haven't sold out of them, call and ask for Jared.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Chinese noodle heads Thats some funny chit !! but for the record I would not buy the china ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.