Wrenching again! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,973
Thanks: 3
Thanked 30 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wrenching again!

WhooooHooooo! I actually got out and wrenched on the truck a little today. The first time since my surgery. Still have the oxygen on and it was slow going but it was good to get back to some sense of normalcy. I still have to be mindful of my split chest but it felt good to wrench on the truck again. Of course I wouldn't have been able to do it all alone so I really appreciate that my friend Greg comes over to "play trucks" with me. He has put so much effort into my truck it isn't funny. Friends like that are hard to come by.

And the big thing is I finally got rid of that stinkin AirDogII DF-165. Took it off and put a Dahl 150 water separator/fuel filter in it's place prior to my Fuelab pump. Had a heck of a time getting the air out and getting primed but now it's done and I will never be plagued by that POS AirDog again.

Another thanks to Rich (Lilpooh) for making me bushings to adapt the 7/8-14 input and output ports on the Dahl to the NPT 3/8 fitting used buy the Airdog. They were perfect bud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:22 PM
The Silent Service

 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good to see you are on the mend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great news Mitch!!!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Travis Air Force Base
Posts: 1,858
Thanks: 79
Thanked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good to hear! the fuel system you put on seem to be a good system for the 6.0s? i started looking into regulated returns, pumps etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Powerstroke Techie


 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UPPER SALFORD PA
Posts: 2,022
Thanks: 80
Thanked 60 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
WhooooHooooo! I actually got out and wrenched on the truck a little today. The first time since my surgery. Still have the oxygen on and it was slow going but it was good to get back to some sense of normalcy. I still have to be mindful of my split chest but it felt good to wrench on the truck again. Of course I wouldn't have been able to do it all alone so I really appreciate that my friend Greg comes over to "play trucks" with me. He has put so much effort into my truck it isn't funny. Friends like that are hard to come by.

And the big thing is I finally got rid of that stinkin AirDogII DF-165. Took it off and put a Dahl 150 water separator/fuel filter in it's place prior to my Fuelab pump. Had a heck of a time getting the air out and getting primed but now it's done and I will never be plagued by that POS AirDog again.

Another thanks to Rich (Lilpooh) for making me bushings to adapt the 7/8-14 input and output ports on the Dahl to the NPT 3/8 fitting used buy the Airdog. They were perfect bud.
BOY ITS NICE TO SEE YOU OUT AND ABOUT BUD!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-14-2013, 12:46 PM
RollinEarly05...now


 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Klamath Falls
Posts: 3,316
Thanks: 27
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What's your plan with the AD2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: springville NY
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to hear you're back on your toes Mitch. So do you have a 3/8 line going into the Dahl and then a 3/8 line coming out of it going into the fuelab?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bel air, maryland
Posts: 1,961
Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
What's your plan with the AD2?
If mitch would let me........ Id tie it to the back of my truck and drag it around on the pavement for 30 miles watching it wither away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,973
Thanks: 3
Thanked 30 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
good to hear! the fuel system you put on seem to be a good system for the 6.0s? i started looking into regulated returns, pumps etc...
Fuelab is the way to go for pumps. There is nothing factory in my fuel system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGERNAUT View Post
BOY ITS NICE TO SEE YOU OUT AND ABOUT BUD!!
Thanks Dale. I'm pushing it but it's the only way I'm going to get better. You planning to go to the East Coast Diesel Nationals next Sat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
What's your plan with the AD2?
Having Pureflow send me a new one for the 4th time and then I'm eBaying that SOB to recoup whatever I can from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Good to hear you're back on your toes Mitch. So do you have a 3/8 line going into the Dahl and then a 3/8 line coming out of it going into the fuelab?
Chris, I am 1/2" from tank until I split it to go to each head. Then I come down to 3/8".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: springville NY
Posts: 2,299
Thanks: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool. I'm 5/8 to the fuelab....then 1/2 out all the way to engine where it splits to 3/8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors