Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wrenching again!

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Lilpooh 
#1 ·
WhooooHooooo! I actually got out and wrenched on the truck a little today. The first time since my surgery. Still have the oxygen on and it was slow going but it was good to get back to some sense of normalcy. I still have to be mindful of my split chest but it felt good to wrench on the truck again. Of course I wouldn't have been able to do it all alone so I really appreciate that my friend Greg comes over to "play trucks" with me. He has put so much effort into my truck it isn't funny. Friends like that are hard to come by.

And the big thing is I finally got rid of that stinkin AirDogII DF-165. Took it off and put a Dahl 150 water separator/fuel filter in it's place prior to my Fuelab pump. Had a heck of a time getting the air out and getting primed but now it's done and I will never be plagued by that POS AirDog again.

Another thanks to Rich (Lilpooh) for making me bushings to adapt the 7/8-14 input and output ports on the Dahl to the NPT 3/8 fitting used buy the Airdog. They were perfect bud.

#3 ·
#9 ·
Fuelab is the way to go for pumps. There is nothing factory in my fuel system.

BOY ITS NICE TO SEE YOU OUT AND ABOUT BUD!!:D
Thanks Dale. I'm pushing it but it's the only way I'm going to get better. You planning to go to the East Coast Diesel Nationals next Sat?

What's your plan with the AD2?
Having Pureflow send me a new one for the 4th time and then I'm eBaying that SOB to recoup whatever I can from it.

Good to hear you're back on your toes Mitch. So do you have a 3/8 line going into the Dahl and then a 3/8 line coming out of it going into the fuelab?
Chris, I am 1/2" from tank until I split it to go to each head. Then I come down to 3/8".

#6 ·
What's your plan with the AD2?

#8 ·
If mitch would let me........ Id tie it to the back of my truck and drag it around on the pavement for 30 miles watching it wither away:nod:

#7 ·
Good to hear you're back on your toes Mitch. So do you have a 3/8 line going into the Dahl and then a 3/8 line coming out of it going into the fuelab?

#10 ·
Cool. I'm 5/8 to the fuelab....then 1/2 out all the way to engine where it splits to 3/8

#11 ·
Awesome news.... Congrats and happy to see ya gettin back on your feet!

#13 ·
CONGRATS, Mitch!!!!

I also did some wrenching on the truck this weekend.... (I changed my oil. :D)

#14 ·
Good to hear your back to wrenching!!

I might be going to Numidia next weekend, if I can get a babysitter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.