Banks Monster Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Monster Exhaust

Banks T.O.P. comes with an integrated resonator, which eliminates the screechy turbo noise that affects 03 Power Strokes.
OK, my dad ordered me Banks Monster Exhaust for a birthday present. I tried to get him to buy me the MBRP, but he's a Banks guy. Not complaining though, saved me the bill, thanks Dad. Here is my question though: Does anyone else run this exhaust on their truck, and is there a way to not put on this resonator. If not, does anyone know if this resonator takes away the turbo whistle, or if you can still hear it. I have to have that beautiful whistle!! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Eliminate the muffler and put a piece of straight pipe and your truck will whistle
Old 04-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Your dad needs to join any diesel forum and he'll be in for a rude awakening! I wouldn't put anything banks on my truck if I got it for free.

You can probably find a section of pipe to replace the resonator, check with a local trucking shop.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Serving Our Country!

[QUOTE=99Smokin73Stroker;544207]Your dad needs to join any diesel forum and he'll be in for a rude awakening! I wouldn't put anything banks on my truck if I got it for free.

I know, himand grandpa have had diesel trucks for years and love Banks. He just traded in his 99 Dodge for an 08 Chevy Duramax last night and is already talking about ruining it with Bank stuff. Maybe I'll sell the Banks exhaust and order the MBRP. HA HA HA
Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

The banks exhaust and mbrp is going to be about the same. All the exhuasts are pretty much the same. Some just fit better. Keep the exhuast and measure the muffler. If its 30 inches long buy a mbrp muffler delete pipe or like Adam said go to a local trucking shop and see if they can hook you up.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 PM

Just get a section of 4" Flex Pipe or you can order a Muffler Delete Pipe from one of our sponsors. I recently had a Banks Monster Exhaust. and it is very quiet in cab with both but you can really hear the straight pipe and the turbo whistle when you get on it, Unlike the banks. And banks doesn't lose very much turbo whistle. i could still hear it alot. I think that resonator was a bunch of crap. BTW the Banks monster exhaust is a straight pipe inner core but with holes inside of it(resonator i think).

Overall i think the Straight pipe sounds alot better than the monster.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Serving Our Country!

Exactly how loud is the strait pipe? I am sure it is probably illegal, which doesn't matter much to me. The only problem I see is that I am in the Army, and drive on base daily, and the civilian gate guard guys have nothing better to do than mess with us.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
[QUOTE=raiderfan171;544216]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
Your dad needs to join any diesel forum and he'll be in for a rude awakening! I wouldn't put anything banks on my truck if I got it for free.

I know, himand grandpa have had diesel trucks for years and love Banks. He just traded in his 99 Dodge for an 08 Chevy Duramax last night and is already talking about ruining it with Bank stuff. Maybe I'll sell the Banks exhaust and order the MBRP. HA HA HA
Well tell him to put the stickers on the side, they're so cute. Just an invitation for another truck with 1/3 the money to come along and put a significant spanking on him.

BTW, hypertech makes a programmer that got a 13.6 on a cc/sb 08 duramax with all the emissions equipment still in place. Let us know how many 14.5's he runs with his 3k banks stuff.

Anyway 6.0's are way loud when you're gettin all over it, but even straight piped ones don't seem too bad if you keep it down. The turbo whistle will probably make all the guards think you stole a fighter and are cruising around the street in it.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Serving Our Country!

[QUOTE=99Smokin73Stroker;544518][QUOTE=raiderfan171;544216]

BTW, hypertech makes a programmer that got a 13.6 on a cc/sb 08 duramax with all the emissions equipment still in place. Let us know how many 14.5's he runs with his 3k banks stuff.

QUOTE]

Do you know which tuner that is so I can send him the likk an order info. Maybe I can talk him into that. That chip sounds nasty.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 PM

I don't have a link, but there was an article about it in diesel power magazine, at least I think it was DP. Probably could look at hypertech.com, if that's their website or do a google search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.