SSBC 6 Piston Calipers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dublin Ca
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SSBC 6 Piston Calipers

I have an 07 F350 DRW with Alcoa 22.5 and i've noticed that my stopping power isn't as good and it used to. Has anyone put the SSBC 6 piston calipers on? if so can you give me some feed back on the stopping power? is there a big difference?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 AM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manor, TX
Posts: 2,875
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I know it's a different setup but the 8 piston SSBC calipers on the smaller rotors used on my 00 made a big difference in stopping power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stockbridge, Mi.
Posts: 751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Check out these threads on big brakes with bigger rotors TCE brings Big Brake Kits to Powerstroke! TCE/Wilwood Front and Rear Big Brake Kits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dublin Ca
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Check out these threads on big brakes with bigger rotors TCE brings Big Brake Kits to Powerstroke! TCE/Wilwood Front and Rear Big Brake Kits
There a nice setup wouldn't mind spending the money on it the only problem is i change my wheels all the time from the 22.5 to the stock wheels depending on what i'm doing. I do have to ask the 11 mirrors you have on did they bolt right up? did you make them power fold and extend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stockbridge, Mi.
Posts: 751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I used the oem 2011 mirrors so I had to make up my own wiring connecter, and when using the '08 and new oem mirrors on the older trucks there is an alignment pin that must be removed from the mirror. I put switches in the dash to operate the power fold and telescoping functions.

Now there are aftermarket mirrors available that are completely plug and play to upgrade the '99-'07 trucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks4life812 View Post
There a nice setup wouldn't mind spending the money on it the only problem is i change my wheels all the time from the 22.5 to the stock wheels depending on what i'm doing. I do have to ask the 11 mirrors you have on did they bolt right up? did you make them power fold and extend?

Thanks for the plug guys. Remember however that simply adding more pistons doesn't necessarily mean more braking. If you change calipers and put them on the same OD rotor you may or may not have more brake force. But...the real issue is you don't have more rotor mass. And rotor mass, efficiency, duty cycle is the real benchmark you should consider. Of course you rightly point out that larger rotors do require larger wheels...20s minimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dublin Ca
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd TCE View Post
Thanks for the plug guys. Remember however that simply adding more pistons doesn't necessarily mean more braking. If you change calipers and put them on the same OD rotor you may or may not have more brake force. But...the real issue is you don't have more rotor mass. And rotor mass, efficiency, duty cycle is the real benchmark you should consider. Of course you rightly point out that larger rotors do require larger wheels...20s minimum.
The other problem is i have a DRW not a single rear wheel, the AP racing uses a 15" rotor with stock 17 wheels, is the a DRW kit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks4life812 View Post
The other problem is i have a DRW not a single rear wheel, the AP racing uses a 15" rotor with stock 17 wheels, is the a DRW kit?

I have not yet done one for the DRW truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Figured I'd make mention that today I spec'd out a 2013 now also. Production a few weeks out at the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors