Time for Some Upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time for Some Upgrades

Alright so now that school is out of the way and the Army is paying me full time again, it is time for my stock truck to get a little love. I know to do the whole head studs and egr delete gig. I just have a couple questions, how hard is an egr delete? Also what tuner is the best for is, I am looking at the SCT Livewire TS, where is the best place to purchase one? Thanks I appreciate all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I can tell ya (being a weekend warrior) that absolutely nothing on these motors is "hard". However, nothing on them is easy either. There are tricks that help but a lot of stuff is just hard to reach. These engines can be taken down with nothing more than some ratchets, sockets, and wrenches. I say all that to say, don't be scared and give it a whirl. I think the biggest thing for me was setting aside enough time. I'm slower when I work on things. For me, I wouldn't even think about doing an EGR delete for the first time unless I at least had a Saturday to do it. Stuff is hard to reach and it just eats up time figuring ways around it all. And yes, SCT is the way to go for a tuner.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Egrs can be tricky I have yet do one but seen enough videos. another thing to consider:

if your truck gets inspected, smogged a egr delete will throw a egr code if its 03 an above or early o4 i believe built prior to 9th month of that yr.

egr delete is good if you dnt have inspections and a sct tuner to turn egr off and get rid of the code.

Bulletproof egr is another product that "WILL NOT CLOG" and lets you pass emissions test. I had the bulletproof egr but then my state does not do emission test so i got an egr delete when I did studs, and switched coolant and tuner.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SCT tuner. I am not a fan of the Livewire. I prefer the Edge Insight to monitor and the SCT X3 or SF3 to tune with. An egr delete is not all that hard to do. Just take your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.