Programmer Curious - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programmer Curious

I just joined this forum and it seems like what I see most is post about SCT X3. I am using a Superchips Cortex for my 04 6.0 with the rest stock. It seems to do pretty good. Is the X3 much better than my cortex or are they pretty similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it's not that the x3 is better it's that the custom tunes are that much better. however, I don't read of the superchips catching much flack around the forums. If you can afford it, get the x3 with custom tunes and see for yourself.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

By custom tunes, do you mean that they take whatever mods you have done and how you want to use your truck, then write a tune that is specific to your truck. Like, I run 37's on a 8" lift, I am ordering a magna flow 4" stainless exhaust "turbo back" and am looking at a better hi flow intake. Future plans are for a banks intercooler upgrade. Does the X3 take all this into consideration and tune specific to these types of mods?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes and no, true a custom tune would be to what you have done to the truck to an extent, the best way to "custom tune" is on a dyno, but there are alot of excellent tuners out there that you can just buy tunes from and download them onto the tuner. on the no side, you can't make your own adjustments w/ the tuner, that would have to be done by someone w/ the proper software. let me know if you need a price quote on that exhaust.

kyle
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Makes sense. As for the exhaust, I was just about to call and place my order with Xtreme Toyz. They will sell me the 4" magna flow stainless turbo back for $365 shipped. That does not include the 5" tip though, that will be an extra $45. So the final cost to me will be $410 plus tax ( about $446 total)since they are in Cali and so am I. If you are able to beat this , let me know. I can wait a little while for your answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.