Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Where to get sct tuned?

3K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  DKR 
#1 ·
Im new to the diesel world so please dont make me feel stupid :tard:for asking this but where can i get this sct tune that all of you are bragging about? if its the $h!t like all of you say, i want it! thanks in advance~gunter

#2 ·
Here are a couple options for you DJ's diesel performance an Innovative diesel. Both are site sponsors with awesome customer service

#4 ·
I might of misunderstood your question, but it isnt just A tune we are talking about.

SCT is a flash tool that loads "tunes" or files onto your trucks computer siginificantly improving power and performance.:thumb:

The files can be "canned", generic files for any truck. Or Custom.

Customs are written for your truck and give the best results on average.:thumb:

You can reach most of the more known tuners through here directly (i.e. Innovative Diesel, DJs Performance, etc) or through another vendor on here (i.e. Stealth Automotive, Discount Power Parts, etc.)

If you choose to get a SCT, you wont regret it till you have to buy new tires!! :hehe:

#11 ·
If you choose to get a SCT, you wont regret it till you have to buy new tires!! :hehe:
:thud: Ain't that the truth, my grand mother says "money doesn't grow on tree's" and I say "no, but rubber does!" haha...

by the way, my truck is an 05 350 srw with 70k
Sounds like it's broken in and ready for some POWAH! Since DJ's was already mentioned here are some other vendors that carry SCT tunes and #'s.

Stealth Automotive (818) 741 6363
Billet Speed - Innovative Diesel Re-director (410) 620 3020
Tuners, Suspensions, Exhaust and other performance parts. DiscountPowerParts.com xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: I gave you the wrong # for DPP - brb, will update!

#5 ·
:doh: I shoulda caught that too i guess im still recovering from the weekend

#13 ·
I will chime in about getting yourself some gauges as well:thumb:

#21 ·
Honestly, I don't give hard numbers with that question. Sorry, cause tuned or untuned, trucks can have problems depending on driving habits, maintanence, etc.

I know what I was running before studs etc., but that doesn't mean the next guy wont have the same luck.:dunno:

With a mild tune from a good tuner, increasing power and mileage, the odds are that you'll be safe for a long time with out any problems as long as the truck isn't beat on every second.:thumb: But, I always add the disclaimer that there is no guarantee.:nod:

#23 ·
You purchase a SCT XCal 3 (or other model, several available), then that is shipped to you. You pull your PCM codes off your truck using the SCT, email the codes back to the tuner and they will send you your files through email. Download them through your computer onto the SCT and then "flash" the truck with whichever tune you choose.:thumb:

They do include more detailed instructions then I gave you. I shorten them to just give you an idea.:nod:

#25 ·
Not tryng to be a smart azz, but if you can plug stuff into your computer, you can tune your truck.:thumb:

Besides, there is plenty of very helpful people on here that'll help ya out.:nod: And most vendors will walk you step by step through the process if needed.

If you decide to try out tuning, feel free to hit me up on this thread or via PM/email!!:D:thumb:

#28 ·
What he said...yes you can get them a little cheaper on EBAY,..but then you'll pay a hundred bux a pop for custom tunes...yikes

Or you can get an SCT from a vendor here,..I don't know about the other ones....but I know DJ gives you unlimited tuning If you buy it from him.....which means ,..every time you upgrade a performance part(that requires re-tuning)...he''l do it for nothing...customer service is what separates vendors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.